Domain Empire

Buy.com selling for $250 Million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
T-minus 12 seconds before someone says "I wonder if this helps my abc123-buy.net?"

•••
I wonder if this helps my abc123-buy.net

•••
•••
I could envision a noob saying, "$250mil for a domain??! That's a record!" without realizing the assets that comes with it.

But I think this sale will boost my chances of selling buydotcomgetssold.com.

;)

T-minus 12 seconds before someone says "I wonder if this helps my abc123-buy.net?"

•••
250 million? Too high for the seller, too low for the buyer, and they live happily ever after. End.

•••
wow i have barterbuysellswap/com = one billion !!!!!

then i woke up

•••
I never understood it..

Wouldn't SELL.COM be better? Buy.com was doomed when they came up with BEST BUY.com

I'm going to reg THEABSOLUTEULTIMATEBUY.com now.

•••
Well what sold is the business here. While the domain is certainly worth many millions, it is worth a fraction of what was actually sold.

Brad

•••
I have B-I-D.com for a little less :wave:

•••
Even that the sale includes all assets it is still good news that investors believe in Internet based companies and that such companies are able to survive. Likely sales like this will bring in more value to high profile names.

•••
Buy.com....Not a bad price for a typo...

...of Boy.com...LOL

•••
too expensive for a domain...

•••
Rakuten also bought Linkshare.com a while back, as I recall....

•••
•••
Interesting - buy.com has fallen off my radar when I do tech purchases ... perhaps not visible enough (compared to say Amazon, Newegg, Dell, etc...)

Rob

•••
People still don't get that they bought a company, not just a domain.

•••
In a case like that it is hard to say if the price that was payed was too high or too low without looking at the revenue numbers .
just from looking at the traffic stat of buy.com it seems like a fair deal for both parties .

•••
People still don't get that they bought a company, not just a domain.

Yupp....it's a complete COMPANY Acquisition..not just a domain..but the whole business..

•••
It looks like a fair price for the company, imho. Even because with little new investment it has an huge potential.

•••
amazon.com is worth $55 billion.:O
Remember when they couldn't turn a profit?

•••
Yupp....it's a complete COMPANY Acquisition..not just a domain..but the whole business..
That's one thing a lot of people don't get when they see #######.com sell for 5, 6, 7 figures in the DNJ weekly sales lists... that domain was part of a business or a developed site with traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back