Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Danish3

Impact
This is my first ever post
I want to know
How do you guys buy country location based tlds
Like how to buy .uk outside the uk ?
Would there be any problem if i register .uk outside the uk ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hi Danish3

There is no problem at all!! Just go to your registrar and register the domain you want, if it is available of course.

•••
Some ccTLDs require residency or incorporation in that country, so it's not as easy as registering them.

Check ccTLD restrictions.

•••

Some ccTLDs will require you to have a presence in the country if you want to register them. In those cases, you can use the Trustee Service from 101domain.com to purchase the domain name.

•••
I really like the new .country because it can be used for other things than country music etc.. I've been registering some over at 101 that basically could cover all or a specified country.

The extension is long but I see potential here, no restrictions.

•••
1and1 is not the only places that offer trustee services. Most registrars these days will offer Trustee service if you're trying to register a ccTLD that has restrictions. Some countries require you to be a resident and others do not. For that, you'll have to look at the specific ccTLD requirements. Those that do require it can usually be registered at places who will use their local information to meet the requirements for you (This is what's considered a Trustee service)

•••
Some ccTLDs do not allow speculative registrations (for the purpose of resale).
I'm just saying. I've seen people trying to sell domains that they would not be able to hand over to somebody else.

But each TLD is different indeed. Read the rules, and make sure you are familiar with them. For example, if you try to push a .uk, it means you haven't done your homework.

•••
In fact , to-day I called europeregistry.com supprot team and spoke to them about my need to register few europeam CC TLD (it, fr, de, co.uk. es, ch) where I'm based out of eu region...What they told was that I could use their trustee service and go ahead and book almost all domains except for .it (italy) ...Not sure, whether this is legal as well.

•••
In fact , to-day I called europeregistry.com supprot team and spoke to them about my need to register few europeam CC TLD (it, fr, de, co.uk. es, ch) where I'm based out of eu region...What they told was that I could use their trustee service and go ahead and book almost all domains except for .it (italy) ...Not sure, whether this is legal as well.

Yes it's legal. But if you're in the European Union then I don't think you need trustee to register any of those. They might not have a presence (or meet the requirements) for Italy which is why they can't offer that. However, if they are offering to provide their trustee service to meet the requirements then yes, this would be legal.

•••
Domain EXT Domain Cost Trustee Service
IT 19.95 7.56
FR 19.95 24.96
CH 18.95 0
CO.UK 7.95 0
DE 9.95 15
ES 17 0
Speaking to 101domain support team..got this info , where we can use trustee service, if you need to book european domain from outisde eu region

•••
This is my first ever post
I want to know

One thing no one seems to have mentioned. You are absolutely able to register a co.uk or org.uk domains. For the .uk domains is a little different as it was launched just a couple of months ago. Right now they are in a period where the owner of the .co.uk/.org.uk has an advantage if they decide they also want to register the .uk domain.

Apart from that its really specific to each country. If you have any specific ccTLDs in mind we can share more info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back