Domain Empire

advice Cannot transfer .gg to new registrar, any advice?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone,

I've had a buyer waiting nearly a week to transfer a domain to his account. The domain is a .gg domain from Dynadot to Godaddy. We are constantly getting auth code errors. I've tried to transfer a domain myself from a different registrar and i'm also getting auth code errors.

This makes me to believe this is a bigger issue. Obviously I don't want to lose out on a sale so any tips or direction anyone can point me in would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

why not create an account at dynadot for buyer,
then after payment, send them login/pwd and push it to that account

if, they have that capability

imo...

•••
Hi

why not create an account at dynadot for buyer,
then after payment, send them login/pwd and push it to that account

if, they have that capability

imo...

If only people where that co-operative, the deal is through dan.com and the buyer is insistent on Godaddy.com.

•••
Maybe your name is under 60 days transfer lock?

•••
If only people where that co-operative, the deal is through dan.com and the buyer is insistent on Godaddy.com.

@biggie 's advice is sound.

I had a similar case in the past where buyer insisted I transfer the domain to his preferred registrar.

When I explained to him that owning the domain he desired -by a simple push to an account that would be his- was more important than losing it, he actually agreed and got the domain via a push.

People get scared of the unknown. If you take the time and explain there is a small chance that they calm down and agree to common sense.

•••
•••
@biggie 's advice is sound.

I had a similar case in the past where buyer insisted I transfer the domain to his preferred registrar.

When I explained to him that owning the domain he desired -by a simple push to an account that would be his- was more important than losing it, he actually agreed and got the domain via a push.

People get scared of the unknown. If you take the time and explain there is a small chance that they calm down and agree to common sense.

I also agree it's sound advice!

•••
The buyer probably doesn't want the chance of getting jacked by a take-back by the registrar (for payment issues, fraud, etc.), which is why I don't accept a push for anything valuable or from people I don't know.

There are horror stories all over (including here) of scammers using stolen credit cards to buy expired domains, immediately selling them privately via push, and then a month later GoDaddy/Snap/Dynadot/etc. claw the domain back due to non-payment by the original owner.

Not disparaging your sales methods, only stating why a lot of careful people require a transfer to protect themselves from popular and very simple scam tactics like this.

Last edited:
•••
@DomainRecap
that is a very good point and thanks for mentioning it. I never realised how bad it can be from the buyer's point of view.

I know that I'm leaving *a lot* of money on the table but, from the moment I decided to always sell using some kind of brokerage (afternic, sedo, etc.), I might have lost money but saved years in both age and mental state.

To stay on topic,
@championshipforum , you need to get both registrars to communicate with each other.

GoDaddy is always a pain to communicate with but if you can manage someone from Dynadot to contact them, you might find a solution to the problem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back