Domain Empire

.co .cc and .co one word domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are one word .cc or .co domains worth anything?
Would something like Food.co be worth much?
Are .cc and .co generally priced the same?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think .co is a better value because (at least for me) it is associated with generic (non-country specific) "COmpany" or "COrporation"

•••
I, at least, have accidentally typed in .co on several occasions so would assign more value, if any, to .co domains over .cc. Most are unaware .cc even exists. .co by my example works as a typo if nothing else. IMHO.

•••
.co > .cc. Just look at sales history. It's very apparent that an established brand has been built around .co.

I'd put Food.co, for example, in the upper tier of names that have sold in the extension. Easily an $xx,xxx name. Whether its low, mid, or high 5-figures all depends on the buyer.

•••
.cc are good for development and rank well.But to sell such tld is very difficult. .co domains seems to have more resale value.

•••
Yes Food.co is worth something, even a .commer who hates .co would agree with that. Any old name .co probably not more than reg fee. You need quality in any extension, you need high quality in non .com imo.

•••
Are one word .cc or .co domains worth anything?
Would something like Food.co be worth much?
Are .cc and .co generally priced the same?

Thanks
what do you mean by worth, extensions will any way not effect your original planning.

•••
.co is better vaualed than .cc beacause .cc is not specific to a country or location is is used worlwide..
although both have same price rates..
moreover most of the people are unaware .cc being evn existing...
so i would preferably suggest you to go 4 .co..
happy blogging..hope it helps you..

•••
I, at least, have accidentally typed in .co on several occasions so would assign more value, if any, to .co domains over .cc. Most are unaware .cc even exists. .co by my example works as a typo if nothing else. IMHO.
good point, anyone have experience registering .co versions of high traffic sites - are they still available and how much traffic would you get (as the percentage of .com)?

•••
I was going to start a new thread BUT here goes...I need an update from 2 years ago. DOT .COM is gone...is .co,net, OR .org my next choice. They are all good generic names.
Would REALLY appreciate every ones opinion on this. If it was YOU, would you hand reg all 3?

Thanks every one,
Serry

•••
.co is better valued than .cc because .cc is not specific to a country or location is used worldwide..
although both have same price rates..
moreover most of the people are unaware .cc being evn existing...
Wrong
.CO is cctld for Colombia, a Country in South America.
.CC is cctld for Cocos-Keeling islands, an AUSTRALIAN territory.
So BOTH have similar status.

•••
1. WHAT DOES .CO MEAN (SUFFIX)? WHAT IS THE MEANING OF .CO? WHAT IS .CO IN A WEB ADDRESS?

Every website lives within a domain space such as .com, .net, .biz and others. Introduced to satisfy the need for short and memorable web addresses, .CO is a new domain extension that offers you a global option for branding your online presence.

.CO is already meaningful and recognizable in multiple languages and cultures.

It's the acronym for "company". For most people1, the two letters – CO – are recognized as meaning company and/or corporation across the globe. Look around and someone near you is already using the letters CO in that context. It's used in country-code domain extensions. More than 20 countries use .CO to mean company and/or commercial content in their websites (e.g. .co.uk, .co.in, .co.il, .co.jp, etc.). By adding a .CO domain to their online marketing strategy, country specific websites can now have a version of their site serving their global customers. In other uses it has geographic meaning. CO means Colombia and it also means the State of Colorado in the USA.
1 According to a research study conducted by Penn, Schoen and Berland in 2009, out of 600 past and prospective domain registrants in the USA, more than 75% of respondents associated .CO with company, corporation, or other commercial endeavors.
:)

•••
Recently cruises . co went for 82500 $ (dnjournal )

•••
•••
If you have a choice: pick .co. There are many good companies using .co.

There only few services using .cc. audi.cc is probably the best example.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Sorry, my mistake. I mixed it with audi.tt. audi.cc is nothing.

•••
Ya .co has more values than .cc, so i will definitely go for .co instead of .cc

•••
Recived a mid $xxx offer for my domain XBR.co.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back