Domain Empire

China Is Making Domain Name History

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Short domains have always been valuable, but if you’re a company today and want to own a short domain name, your price just became a lot higher. And I mean a lot.

There is a market unfolding that very few know about, and tens of millions of dollars are trading hands monthly. Over the last two years, China has become the largest buyer of domain names, resulting in what is likely the biggest story in domain-name investing since the Internet began.

Chinese investors (and other domain prospectors) have been buying up numeric and short-character dot coms

Tech Crunch

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This made me realize that DNJournal needs to have a separate section.

•••
Short domains have always been valuable, but if you’re a company today and want to own a short domain name, your price just became a lot higher. And I mean a lot.

There is a market unfolding that very few know about, and tens of millions of dollars are trading hands monthly. Over the last two years, China has become the largest buyer of domain names, resulting in what is likely the biggest story in domain-name investing since the Internet began.

Chinese investors (and other domain prospectors) have been buying up numeric and short-character dot coms

Tech Crunch

Thanks for the share. Interesting times! In the back of my mind I am also selfishly hoping that they (the Chinese investors) are seeing an intrinsic value in URL real estate that the mainstream West do not yet fully comprehend, and that we domainers can join that partay...

DI

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back