IT.COM

Chinese numbering

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I see that many CHinese website using number combination, why is that?

Is that because the number have special meaning in Chinese?
Or the pronounciation of combination of numbers similar like certain key word?

If somebody knows about that probably could teach us Chinese language here :)

And how to find which domain has traffic orig from Asia/Chinese?
Is that possible? without having that domain first and see the webserver stat though.

Which registrar that register many Chinese domain name??
Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
some number's sound corrosponding to a certain word(4=death, 5=me..), and some number has special meanings (6=luck, 8=money), though most chinese number domain name is just something they registered, since if you register according to the chinese letter sounding, the domain would be too long.. so they thought number domains are the best solution..

•••
Thank you for the explanation....it makes more sense.
Although Chinese blood flow in me but was born in other country and now in Toronto, Canada but unfortunately doesn't understand at all about chinese language ;(

Why those people doesn't use Chinese character domain (IDN/Multilanguage domain), so they can use chinese language instead of number??

I think in the near future, this are going to be popular for chinese website. what do you guys think?

•••
88888. hey joe, youve gotta learn chinese! so much biz opportunities!! just saw a documentary of a competion in china where contestants come from all over the world: red, white,brown,black and green!!

they sang , read poems, dance and gave speeches in chinese!! WOW. Better then me!!

thats an inspiration to you!!;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back