Domain Empire

.info CityOfBerkeley.info sells for $1270

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Holy cow! This one took place at Sedo this past week. The SECOND california .info name to sell for sizable amount. What does this mean for the .info market? Is it getting ready to blast off? Thoughts?

Mayor

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While I can't say if .info is getting ready "to blast off", I can say that California city domains are probably a good investment at this time. :)

•••
ive always thought .info is a great extension i think info is the thing of the future

•••
If the rate that good names are getting snapped up is any indication, I'd say you're right.

All the regular city.info names are gone and a bunch of cityofxxx.info went byebye yesterday.

I also spoke with an unnamed player in the industry yesterday, asking him what he thought about the future of info. He concurred that .info is the next big thing and he is looking at stocking up on domains. I asked him "how long do you think it will take?" His vague reply... "not long".

When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. People are looking for a domain name that communicates an image. Much of what takes place online is the communication of information. Since all the good .coms are gone, it makes sense to grab a .info instead of .net for sure. .Org mostly communicates an organization. .us is great for American/US -related names, but reads like the word "us" with any other name. .biz is really nice for businesses, but the spelling of .biz is more reminiscent of w00tspeak than of serious business. But .info speaks of information on demand, clear and simple.

I like it and am going to build my portfolio.

Mayor

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back