Dynadot

Available Status of NNNNNN.COM Domains in 2024 (6N.com)

NameSilo
Watch

tld4me

Established Member
Impact
I was interested in finding out what the current available status of NNNNNN.COM's were.
@Duskic and his company did a nice report towards the end of 2021. This was the most recent data I found.
At that time, his reporting was 33.8% available and 66.2% registered.

I scanned all 1 million possible combinations and my results for March 2024 are as follows:
53.2% available and 46.8% registered. That's a big difference in the past few years and unfortunately, a reversal.
Of those registered, less than 1% are pending delete.
This was not what I was hoping for. I was hoping that the percentage available was less than 2021

I was really hoping to find some good patterns available. Largely, I did not. There are some with 3 sequential numbers in them available (ex: x234xx.com). There are some with 2x doubles in them available (ex: 1144xx.com). There are other patterns too like palindromes. The really good ones are not available. Maybe someone like @Kassey Lee could find some good values still there. (Thank you for your previous detailed number meaning discussion posts.)

If someone like @Duskic could verify my findings by doing their own methods of scans, that would be nice. I spot checked 1,000 of the ones I found available (selecting at random from different ranges) and they were, at this time, over 99% accurate with only 4 of the 1,000 being now registered. I don't know if that is a good sample size, but that is what I did to verify. I've never done something like this on a scale this large, so please take my data with a grain of salt.

I did look at starting numbers for the domains available and am providing some data on that. (ex: 1xxxxx.com, 3xxxxx.com,etc)
'1' is the most popular starting number for those registered. '0' just beat '4' as being the least popular starting number of those registered. This surprised me. I thought '6' or '8' would be the lead. '8' took the second place, and '6' was in fourth place.

Looking at data on shortnames.com (nice website!) it looks like recently 6N.com's have lost some steam in the volume of sales happening. However, those that have sold recently have sold for values far higher than in the past. I don't know what to make of that.

My charts aren't as nice as @Duskic 's, but attached are two charts I've made and one screenshot from shortnames.com

I registered a few domains from this, but largely a disappointing endeavor. Maybe this info will help some of you with future registrations. Good luck!

6N_COM_AVAIL_2024.jpg

6N_COM_By1stNum_2024.jpg

ShortNames_Data.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back