Afternic experiment of January 2024

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

I started the Afternic experiment series in January 2020 and did it for almost a year. Those were the most demanding posts from my readers so I thought to give it a go again. I’m not sure how long I can continue this but let’s start with January 2024.

It was a great start to 2024 and I hope it continues at least this way or even better. So coming back to the sales of January are as below except 2 sales which both my sons had each:

MarbellaEstates.com – A sale of $2,988 which is a bread and butter of my portfolio. A little over 46% of my portfolio consists of $1,988 and $2,988 pricing of domains. Hold time for this domain was around 6 years.

GrayBuilders.com – Another $2,988 sale via Afternic Fast Transfer and the hold time was around 5 years.

Smart-Control.com – A privately acquired domain around a year back for low 3 figures and sold for $2,988.

SeedSocial.com – A sale of $1,988 which is the minimum BIN price I set for all of my domains.

MikesTreeService.com – A closeout domain acquired a couple of years back which sold for $1,988.

CreativeDept.com – Acquired this one in 2019 and this was the first sale of 2024. Sold it for $9,888.

ClaimsHub.com – Another Fast Transfer sale without negotiation which sold for $19,888. Hold time around 4 years.

NutriFarma.com – Undersold in my opinion after negotiation due to some mistake in not updating the old price. Sold it for $10,888. This domain was acquired in 2014 via SnapNames for $69.

iTravel.CO – This one I backordered via DomainMonster.com and got it successfully in 2012. The renewal cost are a lot but eventually sold this one for $1,988.

Hotels.im – Can’t even recall when I last sold any .im domain but it should be around a decade back. This domain sold for $1,988. I’m holding 11 .im domains now including Travel, Cars, Law, Media, Mobile and a few more.

Creiamo.com – This one is a difficult to pass radio test but when it comes to buying non-English keywords, then a lot of times domains do fail the radio test which I believe is fine as far as the domain is valuable. Sold it for $1,988. Acquired it in December 2023.

ClarityPay.com – “Pay” keyword domains are always hot in demand and after going back and forth of negotiations, I let this domain go for $12,500. Hold time around 6 years.

BioTuning.com – The last sale of the month which had a BIN of $4,888. Negotiated and sold it for $3,750.

The number of inquiries for August was close to 1,700 and the total number of domains at the end of January 2024 were 9,200.

Total acquisition + holding costs was under $4,000 and total amount of sales was $75,818.

The above costs and sales amount may look out of the world for some investors but there is one important thing to keep in mind that I’ve invested in 7 figures (USD) for acquiring and holding those 9,200 domains. Also just the renewal cost is approximately $100,000 annually. So there are a lot of expenses and money is invested. But overall, I’m in profit and happy with the progress.

Feel free to give your feedback no matter how good or good it is :xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Abdul - Thank you for the detailed report. Always helpful and motivating. If I may ask one question - could you mention the landing page split for your ~9000 portfolio. Was it all on Afternic BIN landers, Afternic Price Request landers, DAN landers, Efty landers or a mix of the above?

Thanks in advance.

•••
Just want to say thank you to Abdul for the openness of sharing this information.

Like the previous poster, I too wonder what Afternic lander Abdul is using to get all these sales.

•••
Hi Abdul - Thank you for the detailed report. Always helpful and motivating. If I may ask one question - could you mention the landing page split for your ~9000 portfolio. Was it all on Afternic BIN landers, Afternic Price Request landers, DAN landers, Efty landers or a mix of the above?

Thanks in advance.
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.
I'm using ns3/ns4 (price request lander) since Jan 2020 for all of my domains. I tried BIN lander for 3-4 months between these many years but wasn't impressed with the results.

•••
Just want to say thank you to Abdul for the openness of sharing this information.

Like the previous poster, I too wonder what Afternic lander Abdul is using to get all these sales.
Thank you!
I'm using ns3/ns4 (price request lander) since Jan 2020 for all of my domains.

•••
Thank you!
I'm using ns3/ns4 (price request lander) since Jan 2020 for all of my domains.
Hi Abdul,

Congratulations on your monthly sales success.

I wonder if we can achieve the same results using ns1/ns2 and the request price option. Would there be a real advantage to using ns3/ns4?

Also, do you add a price even though you use the price request lander, or do you leave it blank?

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations Mr. Abdul m-am Basit on your sales.
This again shows to us that hard work is important.

On other side I was expecting more sales to see with bigger portfolios, even if we count how many millions of domains are for sale, the report sales thread should be full, with video proofs, but there are only a couple per day with screenshots, which of course are easy to photoshop or do inspect element and then screenshot the changes.

•••
Hi Abdul,

Congratulations on your monthly sales success.

I wonder if we can achieve the same results using ns1/ns2 and the request price option. Would there be a real advantage to using ns3/ns4?

Also, do you add a price even though you use the price request lander, or do you leave it blank?

Thank you
Thanks!
With ns1/ns2 I believe you cannot achieve the same or even close to results. Because parking ads are the biggest distraction and create confusion among the potential buyers IMHO.

I add BIN prices but they show up at GoDaddy and their other partner registrars but not on the domain lander itself.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations Mr. Abdul m-am Basit on your sales.
This again shows to us that hard work is important.

On other side I was expecting more sales to see with bigger portfolios, even if we count how many millions of domains are for sale, the report sales thread should be full, with video proofs, but there are only a couple per day with screenshots, which of course are easy to photoshop or do inspect element and then screenshot the changes.

Thank you!
I used to report in the Reported Sales thread but I no longer do it mainly because I forget it :xf.grin:
But at least I do share on my blog with all the details :xf.wink:

Best wishes!

•••
@AbdulBasit.com
Thank you bro for sharing your experiment .

Would like to hear your opinion about the recent transitioning of domains search from Afternic homepage to GoDaddy and how it may effect the sales for domainers ??

•••
Thanks!
With ns1/ns2 I believe you cannot achieve the same or even close to results. Because parking ads are the biggest distraction and create confusion among the potential buyers IMHO.

I add BIN prices but they show up at GoDaddy and their other partner registrars but not on the domain lander itself.
Abdul,

I have checked up on Afternic, and since April 2023, they have made some modifications. If you use ns1/ns2 (probably the others also), you can change the landers directly in your dashboard to BIN, make offers, or park.
afternic landers:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Abdul,

I have checked up on Afternic, and since April 2023, they have made some modifications. If you use ns1/ns2 (probably the others also), you can change the landers directly in your dashboard to BIN, make offers, or park.
afternic landers:xf.smile:
Yeah, right. I'm aware of it.
Thanks!

•••
@AbdulBasit.com
Thank you bro for sharing your experiment .

Would like to hear your opinion about the recent transitioning of domains search from Afternic homepage to GoDaddy and how it may effect the sales for domainers ??

Thanks for your feedback.
I don't think it will affect much on my sales because at least 50% of my sales come via GoDaddy search and the rest via lander + partner registrars.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back