Impact
Hello I recently brought two domains
Virginmedia-o2.com
Virginmedia-o2.co

Because I read the news of merger of this two companies

But now After buying I confused that its alright or not
Can anyone suggest me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what you're confusing? trademark? no value? or what?

and Virgin-o2 is better?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
What will the name of this merged company be? Will it be VirginMedia02 ?

Is one of the company names 02 as in zero2 or o2 as in the letter o2?

Are .com or .co domains with hyphens in them worth anything?

Trademark issues aside, three questions you should have asked and answered before buying.

•••

Trademark issues aside, three questions you should have asked and answered before buying.

Yessss,

Thank you :)

Last edited:
•••

I have 1-hydrogen.com and have been told by estibot it's lesscthan $100

•••
I have 1-hydrogen.com and have been told by estibot it's lesscthan $100
Iv'e just read that in the next 5 years Japan will be a complete Hydrogen nation, so it's got to be worth more.

•••

Thanks for this explanation
I'm telling you what I thought before bought

I found mostly in every news it as virginmedia & o2 merger so choose virginmedia first

And its o2 not 02

Currently virginmedia uses .com
O2 uses .co

So I bought both extensions

And and hyphen is for what because although after merger may be they must remain their old identity

This is what I thought sir before bought

•••
Blatant trademark, these are worth nothing. You can't register a company name and try and profit from their brand.

Why you think this OK is beyond me, if you were serious you could of spent 10 minutes searching online asking if it is OK to use another companys name before registering them and very quickly found your answer.

Virgin media....off their own website

"All brand names, product names and/or service names used in a Virgin Media Site are trade marks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. Any use of any such brand name, product name and/or service name without the prior written consent of the relevant rights holder may constitute an infringement of that rights holder's rights and Virgin Media gives no permission for the use of any such item in any way whatsoever."

Get a refund....and do a lot more reading

@Degsy it is considered rude to ask for an appraisal on someone else's thread set up your own appraisal thread if you want one

•••
Do not register names related to trademark holding companies. This is classic cyber squatting. I suggest you delete those names. Confusion over.

•••
Ohk I got my mistake. Thank You

•••
Blatant trademark, these are worth nothing. You can't register a company name and try and profit from their brand.

Why you think this OK is beyond me, if you were serious you could of spent 10 minutes searching online asking if it is OK to use another companys name before registering them and very quickly found your answer.

"All brand names, product names and/or service names used in a Virgin Media Site are trade marks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. Any use of any such brand name, product name and/or service name without the prior written consent of the relevant rights holder may constitute an infringement of that rights holder's rights and Virgin Media gives no permission for the use of any such item in any way whatsoever."

@Degsy it is considered rude to ask for an appraisal on someone else's thread set up your own appraisal thread if you want one
Agreed with everything but give @Degsy some slack , the guy just signedup and he is not aware of all the rules. @Degsy you can go here and make your own thread https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/ and ask for appraisals. And oh, welcome to Namepros.

•••
Ask your registrar if they offer any refund if deleted within certain days, delete them and get a refund.

•••

Thanks for elaborate sir
Still one confusion

If I grab this domains unused than can these companies take any
Ask your registrar if they offer any refund if deleted within certain days, delete them and get a refund.
Ok Sir

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back