Dynadot

domain CookedDinners.com , and general advice of fellow domainers! I'm new and would love some advice :)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1966

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I'm new to domaining. I've purchased 34 different domains to start off. Please could you give me your personal appraisal and also tell me if the domain is desirable... and ROUGH estimates of how long they will maybe take to sell. Thank you so so so much.

CookedDinners.com
GetARecipe.com
AnalMoms.com
BuyWeddingCards.com
MeetNewGirls.com
BuyCarSale.com
AlcoholWarning.com
BuySexyLingeries.com

Are they worth anything?/Will they sell/ How quickly in your experience/

Thank you so so so much guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Matt

Welcome to NP.

With regards to these domains, some of the look like they could have some value in terms of exact match domains for specific search terms. You best bet to get an estimate price of the potential value of the domains is to check Estibot.com (THIS IS NOT 100% ACCURATE) but Estibot will give u some decent information about search volumes, CPC, domain age, other TLD's that are available with the same name and also similar domains that are for sale. Then also head over to namebio.com and check out what simulir domains sold for.

With regards to how long it would take you to sell, that I'm afraid would be near impossible to gauge... :) It could take 1 months it could take 5 years.

From all of the domains u listed, I think GetArecipe.com could have some potential from a branding point of view as well.

•••
Well done! I think your list of names is fairly good.
Not sure about prices but they all have good development opportunities and above average
for what i have seen on here. Good luck.

•••
MeetNewGirls.com - This is not bad for the dating niche, and you might be able to sell it.

In general, I think your names are a bit too generic and long to have much value. I would suggest you hold off buying, and then watch the sales. In general, focus more on quality. Attempt to sell what you own before buying any more, and you'll soon see it's not that easy to sell domains for profit.

•••
MeetNewGirls.com - This is not bad for the dating niche, and you might be able to sell it.

In general, I think your names are a bit too generic and long to have much value. I would suggest you hold off buying, and then watch the sales. In general, focus more on quality. Attempt to sell what you own before buying any more, and you'll soon see it's not that easy to sell domains for profit.

My thinking behind CookedDinners was that 'CookedDinner.com' is on the market for $10k and 'Cookedmeals.com' is on the market for $20k. I have no experience in this, so I went with what I'd do If I were setting up a business. If I were establishing a meal delivery service (this business is HUGE in the UK primarily for old people), I'd prefer a domain which kind of says what the business does. That's why I thought cookeddinners is perfect, in my head... I'd prefer cookeddinners to a 3-4 letter name which has no meaning. That was my thinking anyway; I may be wrong. It's the same theory with getarecipe, I would have opted for that for a recipe site over any 3/4 letter word which has no link to the industry.

Am I stupid here?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back