IT.COM

CrazyDomains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kashimanoa

Established Member
Impact
I found CrazyDomains setting the registration price for .aw around $2.
However, no matter what character string I enter, it is displayed as unavailable.
I contacted support and they don't seem to want to fix the system.
They say a phone call with the business development team is a must for domain registration.
I think the problem is clearly on CrazyDomains' side.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless the domain is a nice word like "crypto", or a nice hack like "draw" (something half meaningful), I wouldn't stress over it

Last edited:
•••
However, no matter what character string I enter, it is displayed as unavailable.
They say a phone call with the business development team is a must for domain registration.

I also think this is a CrazyDomains bug. If the price is $1.95, then the domain is not available.
All these in.th, mu, aw, com.mm, com.sa extensions are priced at $1.95 and are all unavailable.

•••
With so many registrars online you are only limited to your imagination. A example is registrars that are offering the first year for free with hosting. You only pay on the second year and you can always switch to a new account.

•••

I think the registry made some changes to their whois server. It's not just CrazyDomains. My own whois server fails to connect as well. May be a updated hostname. Don't really ever check .aw domains.

Try eurodns.com, that one works.

Keep in mind, you can't register an .aw unless you live there or have a local registered business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back