NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also have a domain at Dan that says "Already listed (listing failure)" even though I have already reached out to Afternic and they have confirmed that the listing has been removed...

I have three other names that keep saying "Processing" after both Dan and Afternic support have been trying to solve the issue for weeks. It just doesn't work.

So this integration between Dan and Afternic could definitely improve.
Good morning @Embrand and @capybara,

When a domain name is showing the status "Already Listed" the integration through Dan could not conclude as the name is already listed at Afternic. To bypass this process you only have to add one of your ownership verification records to it which can be found here: https://dan.com/users/settings/ownership

Once this is added, notify our support team through email or chat, incorporate the domain names involved, and they will initiate the migration process for you. @capybara, it is not possible to alter prices for your Afternic listings only. When you integrate through Dan, your Buy-it-now price will be used as your overall listing price across platforms.

All the best,

•••
•••
Thanks for reporting this as well, Brad. It must be a capacity problem at Dan.com.
@bmugford - I just got a reply from Dan.com Support about this issue (OpenResty errors):

"Our product team has made some adjustments. You can assume that this will not happen again!"

Thanks @DAN.COM !

•••
We should tag some other people maybe @James Iles as well

•••
Good morning @Embrand and @capybara,

When a domain name is showing the status "Already Listed" the integration through Dan could not conclude as the name is already listed at Afternic. To bypass this process you only have to add one of your ownership verification records to it which can be found here: https://dan.com/users/settings/ownership

Once this is added, notify our support team through email or chat, incorporate the domain names involved, and they will initiate the migration process for you. @capybara, it is not possible to alter prices for your Afternic listings only. When you integrate through Dan, your Buy-it-now price will be used as your overall listing price across platforms.

All the best,

I heard it takes 30 days to get paid when you list a domain on Dan and make a domain sell through the reseller network. Is that true?

•••
I heard it takes 30 days to get paid when you list a domain on Dan and make a domain sell through the reseller network. Is that true?
Good morning @rh2000,

I can assure you that this is not the case. We maintain the same fast processing speed as any sale that would take place on the Dan platform. There might have been a few hiccups at the time of releasing the integration which is expected for any product release but at this stage processing times for both transfers and payouts are identical to that of direct sales at Dan.

Have a great day.

•••
I just wondered how you edit the Payout Settings in Dan, as the Wire Transfer/Bank Account details are all grayed out and inaccessible for me. Is there a setting to enable in order to change your bank account?

•••
Good morning @rh2000,

I can assure you that this is not the case. We maintain the same fast processing speed as any sale that would take place on the Dan platform. There might have been a few hiccups at the time of releasing the integration which is expected for any product release but at this stage processing times for both transfers and payouts are identical to that of direct sales at Dan.

Have a great day.

I have had DAN and Afternic accounts for 5+ years each. I've had 99% great customer experiences with them.

I started using the @DAN.COM enabled Afternic integration. It seems like a great idea and obvious connection now that they are both under the @GoDaddy brand.

I sold a domain recently that I had on DAN through the enabled Afternic network listing. The payment was secured and the DAN bot requested auth codes.
  • It has been 2 weeks and the transfer has not happened.
  • At first they said the auth codes failed. I had to call GoDaddy to generate a new set of auth codes.
  • I submitted the new auth codes and the transfer has not happened.
  • DAN team keeps telling me I will receive a notification from Afternic team within 24 hours to start/approve transfer
  • I asked DAN team if I could push to DAN and they give auth codes to Afternic (nope)
  • I called Afternic support directly - they said it was some European registry DAN partner - and that things should get moving within 24 hours. That was days ago.
  • I can't see the transaction in my Afternic account since I enabled it directly from my DAN account.
  • The DAN customer support has not been very helpful and sends more or less the same message to all of my questions: "We sent a notification to Aftenic to update us about this. Once they reply, we will proceed to the next steps."
  • They also won't put in contact with the Afternic team they are working with.....
My worst customer experience with them by far. I would reconsider enabling the the Afternic MLS direct through DAN.

Anyone else have this experience?

Last edited:
•••
I just wondered how you edit the Payout Settings in Dan, as the Wire Transfer/Bank Account details are all grayed out and inaccessible for me. Is there a setting to enable in order to change your bank account?
Good morning @DomainRecap,

Have you set your default payout settings to wire transfer prior to trying to enter all greyed out fields? If you are experiencing issues I strongly recommend consulting our chat support directly.

•••
Good morning @DomainDepot,

Yes, older cases got resolved already. If this is one that has not been reported yet I strongly recommend the owner touch base with our customer support directly.

Enjoy the weekend ahead.

•••

Have you set your default payout settings to wire transfer prior to trying to enter all greyed out fields? If you are experiencing issues I strongly recommend consulting our chat support directly.

Yes, I tried everything yesterday, changing the default, disabling the Paypal 2K integration then changing to Bank, but nothing worked.

Thankfully it all works perfectly today and it just must have been a bug or more likely, a browser problem, as Edge was updated earlier and caused me all kinds of problems that I needed to reset.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
•••
Why are "some people" seemingly allowed to steal your domain listings on Dan, that you certified with your authorization ID, without providing any authorization ID proof of ownership of their own.

Worse still, there is absolutely no notification that Dan has transferred your listings to another party, making it a logistical nightmare to figure out which listings were stolen/transferred.

What the hell is going on?

•••
Why are "some people" seemingly allowed to steal your domain listings on Dan, that you certified with your authorization ID, without providing any authorization ID proof of ownership of their own.

Worse still, there is absolutely no notification that Dan has transferred your listings to another party, making it a logistical nightmare to figure out which listings were stolen/transferred.

What the hell is going on?

When a domain name is moved from one portfolio to another an email should have been issued that the domain name migrated.

Could you contact our support with these type of inquiries to provide some account level details that will help us look into this?

•••
When a domain name is moved from one portfolio to another an email should have been issued that the domain name migrated.

Would it do the same if this domain was somehow deleted from my account, then another user listed it?

•••
somehow deleted by u or something?

•••
well again nice to be in a more beneficial forum.. ill throw out a confusing thing in dan thats got me on Tilt

when i look at a name in the portfolio view and it has the installment highlight, that tells me the name is on installments,

i think becuase i never know with dan

but when i click in IN bar, it will show the installments NOT clicked.

i cant tell if this is becuase it assume i want to change to not clicked, or if is just the domain level setting and the installments are being triggered by a portfolio or account setting.

it would be great to see installments term in portfolio view so i could easily see which name i have on long term payments offered,

portfolio view.PNG
1679921400858.png

Last edited:
•••
somehow deleted by u or something?

No, I wouldn't have deleted it. I was speaking more of a complaint, human error, someone asking it to be delisted using fraudulent documents, etc. Someone that didn't want this domain on Dan.

Some method of domain delisting that didn't include a move to a new account. Just a delete.

Last edited:
•••
No, I wouldn't have deleted it. I was speaking more of a complaint, human error, someone asking it to be delisted using fraudulent documents, etc. Someone that didn't want this domain on Dan.

Some method of domain delisting that didn't include a move to a new account. Just a delete.

hmm delete without move should be real rare.. like lottery rare. why not just periodically do add list of whole folio..see what fails... then ask em to.add failed.. works for me

•••
I might do that, but do the ones already on your account get included in the "failed" stack or just get skipped?

•••
If you use the personal verification code provided to you they move into your account.

•••
I might do that, but do the ones already on your account get included in the "failed" stack or just get skipped?

skipped. failed ones are not yet in your folio and aren in conflict. I do this always. forward this email to em and say plz fix failed. works every time.

Last edited:
•••
I suggest everyone confirms you are receiving the correct amount of money that DAN says they are sending. I thought since everything is automated, it would be reliable. Evidently not.

I made two deals on Friday. Both were for 10% commission (lease to own imported). I just received payment today for both. One is correct. The other is short. Here is the shorted payout:

$250/month less 10% commission equals $225 to me.
Screenshot1.png

Today I get a notification from my bank of the deposits.
Screenshot.png

So anyway it's $15 short but the other one was correct. I called DAN and no one is there to look at this til tomorrow. And the bank confirmed they did not mistakenly add a fee.

So how does DAN promise a $225 payout but only send $210? Like I said, check your actual payouts! If I can get shorted on a simple payout, so can you.

Last edited:
•••
If you use the personal verification code provided to you they move into your account.

Obviously, but how did someone else get my domains in their Dan account then?

I've moved the domains back using my Dan Authorization Code, that's still the question.

Last edited:
•••
So how does DAN promise a $225 payout but only send $210? Like I said, check your actual payouts! If I can get shorted on a simple little deal, so can you.

Any of the "Dan partners" along the Wire route can take a fee for the transaction (not just your bank), and it seems to be random. It happened to me twice I think (always $15) but none of the other times.

So there seems to be a "partner firm" lurking on the track that reaches out every once in a while and snags $15.

•••
skipped. failed ones are not yet in your folio and aren in conflict. I do this always. forward this email to em and say plz fix failed. works every time.

Thanks for the confirmation and I'll be trying this tactic as soon as I have time.

P.S. What error do you get for those that "aren't in your folio but are in conflict and have an existing listing"? Is it still a Failure or is it something else like Ignored?

I never add domains at Dan without an Authorization ID, so nothing ever fails and these "fail categories" are all new to me.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back