IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DAN.COM

Any plans on changing the big cookie pop up to an smaller one?

It's covering an important part of the page and obviously affecting sales

I suggest to place it in an small horizontal bar at the bottom of the page as many websites are placing it

Thanks

•••
What is the grace period for domains sold on payments?

•••
Good afternoon @411domains,
We haven't had any alerts about email latency, but we have asked our engineers to look at this to check what is going on.

Best regards,
Dan.com

UPDATE:

I do believe it may have something to do with disabling the make offer option.

I was able to duplicate the issue in a different account.

I ran multiple successful tests in that account:

All login/import/export/delete/bulk update notifications were sent and received quickly as they should be.

However, the moment I disabled the make offer option in bulk is the moment the email delays began.

You might want to have the engineers take a look at that.

I'm just sayin'.

•••
@DAN.COM Can you tell us if you are actively working to improve the user experience on mobile? I'm talking about the huge cookie warning that covers most of the page, and simultaneously the translation option, which also takes up part of the screen. This has been mentioned earlier in this thread by several people.

•••
@DAN.COM Can you tell us if you are actively working to improve the user experience on mobile? I'm talking about the huge cookie warning that covers most of the page, and simultaneously the translation option, which also takes up part of the screen. This has been mentioned earlier in this thread by several people.

anyone who made it so stupidly big to begin with is immune to common sense and thus improving it... as they simply think there is nothing wrong wiht it... so the only thing they are prolly actively working on is making it cover all 100percent of screen

•••
•••
@DAN.COM

It is a pity that you haven't responded to the cookie issues on mobile.

A new disappointment is that DAN landers now suddenly display two (2) cookie warnings in a row (!)

Once you have accepted the first one, another, different cookie warning will appear, as can be seen below.

Cookie notification #1

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 11-08-25 - Domain Name For Sale Dan.com.png

Cookie notification #2

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 11-08-55 - Domain Name For Sale Dan.com.png

Last edited:
•••
Still seeing only minimal traffic in Google Analytics but much more traffic is shown in the Dashboard at Dan.com. Recently there was a visible step-change down in traffic visible in my Google Analytics account for Dan.com.

Have checked that the correct, current ID for GA4 had been input to Dan.com - yes it had, and similar IDs work fine on my other sites, so it seems there is a configuration or cookie issue at @DAN.COM.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM

A new disappointment is that DAN landers now suddenly display two (2) cookie warnings in a row (!)

Once you have accepted the first one, another, different cookie warning will appear, as can be seen below.

Cookie notification #1

Show attachment 244419

Cookie notification #2

Show attachment 244418

u are right.. this is insanity. I'd never use previous lander now it's just insult to every face with double tap cookies...wow... imagine some poor buyer non domainer..going thru mazes . .to buy... or just see it's for sale.

•••
Does Dan support transactions using a Domain Push, and if so, how do you do this using the DanBot?

@DAN.COM

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM

Cookie notification #1

Show attachment 244419

Cookie notification #2

Show attachment 244418

@DAN.COM

The second notification pops up only when a customer clicks the "Accept all" button. If they click on the "Essential only" button, nothing else will pop up. However, if they click the "Essential only" button and choose to talk to Dan using chat, another pop-up notification will appear and they have to accept it to be able to chat with Dan!

Another issue is that this pop-up takes more than 60% of the landing page on mobile viewport which makes it challenging for a customer to see the price/LTO, call to action buttons on the initial load of the page.

Suggestions:

1-
Use a smaller version on the mobile viewport "It helps to view more content on initial page load".

2- Use a transparent cookie notification bar "It gives the customer a sneak peek of the info behind the cookies bar and encourages them to choose their cookie preferences to reveal more info on the landing page".

3- Remove the second notification bar "It's literally a duplicate".

4- Remove the "Essential only" button "Use the "Accept" button, and "Manage cookies" link only, to avoid extra steps if a customer wants to reach out using chat.

Please fix these issues ASAP.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230812_231641_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230812_231641_com.android.chrome.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20230812_231725_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230812_231725_com.android.chrome.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 49
•••
suggestion 5.... get new coders and design people.

•••

Cookie notification #1

Show attachment 244419

Cookie notification #2

Show attachment 244418

A pity indeed!

You know who listened to us? SEDO!

It took the a few years, but they finally reduced the ridiculous size of their cookie policy and I'm fairly certain they're seeing a significant uptick in sales right now.

Last edited:
•••
Good evening @Future Sensors, @Maged Khatab and @411domains,
Thank you for making us aware of this. We're currently investigating the cause of the dual-cookie banner and work on resolving it as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Dan.com

Last edited:
•••
Good evening @Future Sensors, @Maged Khatab and @411domains,
Thank you for making us aware of this. We're currently investigating the cause of the dual-cookie banner and work on resolving it as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Dan.com

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm that the dual-cookie bar issue has been resolved now.

Regarding the "Essential only" button, I made a suggestion in my previous reply to remove this button to avoid extra steps if a customer wants to reach out using chat. However, if you insist on keeping it I suggest adjusting the padding in the cookie bar buttons because they're not matched on the mobile viewport.

Solution:

Replace this code in the CSS file:

CSS:
@media (max-width: 801px)
.cookie-banner__content-btns .cookie-banner__content-essential-btn, .cookie-banner__content-btns .cookie-banner__content-all-btn {
    min-width: unset;
    max-width: 23rem;
    width: 100%;
    line-height: 1.5;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    padding: 0.5rem 1.45rem;
}

With the following code:

CSS:
@media (max-width: 801px)
.cookie-banner__content-btns .cookie-banner__content-essential-btn, .cookie-banner__content-btns .cookie-banner__content-all-btn {
    min-width: unset;
    max-width: 23rem;
    width: 100%;
    line-height: 1.5;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    padding: 0.5rem;
}

Please check the attached files and kindly forward this reply to the development team to fix it ASAP.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Button-Padding-01.jpg
    Button-Padding-01.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Button-Padding-02.png
    Button-Padding-02.png
    229 KB · Views: 55
•••
Seems like DAN.com is blocked in India.
While Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are not giving any clue, Brave browser is displaying the following message:
"The website has been blocked as per direction/order of Hon'ble Court"

Please provide some alternative way to access your website or an email through which I can communicate with DAN regarding a pending domain name sale
And please sort out the issue at the earliest. All my domains with Dan landers are also not loading from here.

Last edited:
•••
While Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are not giving any clue, Brave browser is displaying the following message:

Please provide some alternative way to access your website or an email through which I can communicate with DAN regarding a pending domain name sale
And please sort out the issue at the earliest. All my domains with Dan landers are also not loading from here.

u mean dan.com can't be accessed in all india? dont u think someone else here would notice ? or is india population equal 1...and its u.

•••
While i am browsing from my laptop a domain for sale on DAN lander i get shocked how the lander look like ??!!
how such lander with BIG cookies notification covering the domain and half of the page can generate any sales or attract visitors ???

DAN / GODADDY PLEASE FIX THIS MISERABLE SITUATION !! YOU ARE DAMAGING THIS LANDER WITH THIS SH*T THINGS.

@DAN.COM @Joe Styler @James Iles

1692271584572.png

Last edited:
•••
While i am browsing from my laptop a domain for sale on DAN lander i get shocked how the lander look like ??!!
how such lander with BIG cookies notification covering the domain and half of the page can generate any sales or attract visitors ???

DAN / GODADDY PLEASE FIX THIS MISERABLE SITUATION !! YOU ARE DAMAGING THIS LANDER WITH THIS SH*T THINGS.

@DAN.COM @Joe Styler @James Iles

Show attachment 244807

it's useless pos on mobile and I thought it was bit less useless on laptop but I see I was wrong. after all the posts here and major concerns dan doing nothing only means they care more for cookies than our landers and sale. well good luck with that then and enjoy losing 48763673 million landers mrdan

•••
u mean dan.com can't be accessed in all india? dont u think someone else here would notice ? or is india population equal 1...and its u.
Even I am also not able to access Dan and Dynadot since yesterday ... Indian here :)

•••

Dan and Dynadot is inaccesible since yesterday...

•••
Not seen it mentioned here (may have missed it) there is a commission discount on LTO sales. Depending on the length of the LTO agreement, the seller receives a discount on the 15% commission charged by Dan

13 - 24 months 5% discount (ie 10% charge)
25 - 36 months 10% discount (ie 5% charge)
37 - 60 months 15% discount (ie 0% charge)

That's my understanding anyway from the product update #9

Last edited:
•••
I am, and have been, a big fan of Dan but the enormous cookies are making me redirect my names.

Unless there has been some major change to coding rules, making this pop up smaller/less obtrusive is not a big deal. It is clear Godaddy wants to minimize the use of Dan (why, I don't know since it all goes into the same pot---must be some high level accounting reason).

•••
Dan and Dynadot is inaccesible since yesterday...
Try Dynadot.in.
Dan is blocked by most of the internet service providers in India. Confirmed by Dan support

•••
I have a question.

I don't list a domain on DAN. I list it only on Afternic and then select DAN Landers inside Afternic. The domain is listed on DAN automatically but not in my DAN account ofcourse. Now if the domain is purchased by buyer through DAN which is actually on my Afternic account then how will the buyer deal with seller ? Will i have to discuss this through my DAN account or i will only deal with Afternic and the buyer will deal with DAN ?

Please let me know. And additional question if it can be answered too. What is better ? Listing on both DAN and Afternic Separately or Listing on Afternic with DAN Landers.

PS: I am not asking about listing on DAN and then it will be listed on Afternic Distribution Network automatically. I don't want this. in All situation, i want to list the domain on Afternic.

It will be really great if anyone can come up with answer. I will be so grateful. Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back