Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRANDERX

BRANDERXTop Member
Impact
So I posted this comment : "Good Report" in this thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wi...d-in-2019-has-already-surpassed-2018.1157345/

Then I got this:
Capture.JPG

What is going exactly? Post count inflation type comment? Seriously?

I like the articles & reports by TheDomains, whats the problem?

Also, does this mean someone reported my comment? If so, why?

@Eric Lyon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

It appears that a moderator removed your post in accordance to the following rule:
1.14. Do not make noncontributory posts/threads or artificially inflate your post count ("post pad"):
  • Do not unnecessarily post multiple times in a single discussion in a short period of time, sometimes called instant messaging (instead, take your time before posting so that all relevant content can be grouped together within a minimum amount of posts). Exceptions are made where reasonable (e.g., edit time limits have passed or each reply is dedicated to a different member's post).
  • Only post comments and questions that are relevant to the topic and contribute to the discussion (e.g., posting a single word like "bump" is not contributory; instead, post a short question or unique comment to encourage new activity in a thread).
  • Needlessly short and noncontributory posts are not allowed. Exceptions may be made in select sections like Domain Name Requests, Meet and Greet (Networking), Domain Industry News, NamePros Blog comments, Domain Chat, and Domain Name Sales unless the thread indicates that it's not allowed in that particular thread.
  • Exception: Staff may post a noncontributory bump in a thread, such as when a new thread is hidden temporarily (e.g., awaiting approval) and experiences a decrease in visibility. This exception only applies to staff.
I hope that helps clarify a bit more.

•••
Hello Eric,

Thank you for replying.

It just seems a bit strange, with all that is going on around the forum, from crazy auctions to personal attacks etc, the moderator picked on a simple "good report" comment, made in the "Industry news" section.

One of few sections of substance in the forum.

I don't post a lot by the way, & I couldn't care less about post count.

Not much else to say really.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Generally, as stated in rule 1.14, that is a section where we allow those types of comments.

We will discuss this internally to find out why your comment was removed.

•••
Hello,

Your post was removed in a x4 post clean-up, after receiving a report. On second glance of the mentioned rules quoted by @Eric Lyon I can see that the thread was in the Industry News forum, which has an exception to those types of postings (Generally not allowed in most forums).

This was an oversight and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. The posts affected by the accidental clean-up have been reinstated.

We hope that helps and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

•••
Hello,

Your post was removed in a x4 post clean-up, after receiving a report. On second glance of the mentioned rules quotes by @Eric Lyon I can see that the thread was in the Industry News forum, which has an exception to those types of postings (Generally not allowed in most forums).

This was an oversight and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. The posts affected by the accidental clean-up have been reinstated.

We hope that helps and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Hello,

Its OK really. This is a professional response, & I thank you for it.

Regards,

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back