IT.COM

UDRP Did I commit a mistake?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S Agnihotri

Established Member
Impact
its like registering Micro.soft, or Amaz.on
suggest me what should i do, I haven't received any communication from them, But I have such a domain

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
or think about whats.app

•••
Delete those domains. They are trademarked, you could be sued and lose a lot of money. They are worth negative money as you can only lose by owning them.

•••
You meant that you made a mistake? Never heard of “commit a mistake” before :)

•••
Its better giving the name or let's them drop before Amazon , Facebook (whatsapp owner ) and Microsoft claims via WIPO. Choose another domain , avoid trademarked name to ensure your domaining journey

•••
the trademark is locally registered but could not be found in WIPO database can someone help me

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Oh btw I just realized those were examples, not real domains. Well, it just depends on the names and the trademarks, as well as your intent concerning what you want to do with those domains.

•••
It's a 4L gTLD so i registered it to flip it later. now idk what to do, i might keep it probably

Last edited:
•••
without knowing the domain all anyone can do is guess......which is not going to help you

Show the domain, mask it so it does not get picked up by Google and then you will get some constructive, relevant feedback.....

•••
domain: finv.asia
upload_2020-9-13_23-29-0.png

•••
Get a refund

.asia is a poor extension - only 3 reported sales this year and they are all from resellers

wowjapan.asia 150 USD 2020-07-06 Dynadot
futuregov.asia 117 USD 2020-07-03 Dynadot
investing.asia 116 USD 2020-03-27 Dynadot

Also it could be classed as confusingly similar to the company running off the .com

Edit:

I am no expert on TM's and how to define a domain as confusingly similar, especially when it crosses the dot like this......

Last edited:
•••
its not worth even a small risk

•••
If you can, delete the name if there is a chance of a WIPO/Trademark issue.

If the registrar is one of those cheesy ones that does not allow you to delete the name at any time you wish, put a VERY low sale price on it and hope they or someone takes it off your hands quickly.

There are millions of names that are available to handreg or buy from a wholesaler/reseller that have no risk associated with them as far as trademark issues go.

•••
Even if you flip it and make $1 you profited lawsuit will be it damages in millions. Don't sell just delete.

•••
i've deleted the domain but the request is pending as of now
thanks to everyone for sharing their opinion i

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back