• 2nd

Yes, good enough!

vote
    10.0%

Azwan Asban

Top Member
Impact
Need your opinion ..
DirectAdvertising.com sold for $11,000 back in 2011.

I submit this domain at brandbucket a few days ago. Is that good idea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think brandbucket will let you know ... in 6-8 weeks. No serious company would like to have domain which has less common spelling word, especially if the other domain will be developed. Most business would go to competition this way. You can also see huge different in search volume 720 / 0. Did you contact buyer of DirectAdvertising.com to see if he wants it for $100 or so?

•••
•••
Domains like this will usually attract traffic to the correct spelling domain.

Bad investment.

•••
I don't see any value.

Brad

•••
Domains like this will usually attract traffic to the correct spelling domain.

Bad investment.

not agree. Actually typos domain good enough to get traffic from the correct spelling. in the case you don't know there are many established websites use "advertizing" for example;

on-advertizing.com
globaladvertizing.com
onlineadvertizing.com
splashadvertizing.com
cartoonadvertizing.com
internetadvertizing.com
startadvertizing.com and so many more..

•••
how much traffic do you get?

•••
how much traffic do you get?

got a few clicks.. traffics come from google and namepros.
I may think i will develop it to get pagerank soon.

•••
Last year I registered approximately 200 or so "typo" domains similar to directadvertizing.com.

For instance I would spell autoinsurance.com -> autoinsuranze.com

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good response. They didn't even make their registration fee in Parking :(

Without getting into details, I agree with @muttus , a serious company can not allow a competitor to own the correct spelling. Most companies acquire the singular and plural of their domains e.g. Hotel.com & Hotels.com & Namepro.com & Namepros.com

Imagine you are an advertising agency and you would have to explain to your customer to not go to directadvertising.com but go directadvertizing.com because the correct spelling belongs to your competitor!!!

It took me a year and a few thousand bucks loss to understand that :(
So I thought I would share my experience!

Cheers,
Will

•••
directadvertising.com just sold at flippa for $7,000 2days ago.

•••
Last year I registered approximately 200 or so "typo" domains similar to directadvertizing.com.

For instance I would spell autoinsurance.com -> autoinsuranze.com

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good response. They didn't even make their registration fee in Parking :(

Without getting into details, I agree with @muttus , a serious company can not allow a competitor to own the correct spelling. Most companies acquire the singular and plural of their domains e.g. Hotel.com & Hotels.com & Namepro.com & Namepros.com

Imagine you are an advertising agency and you would have to explain to your customer to not go to directadvertising.com but go directadvertizing.com because the correct spelling belongs to your competitor!!!

It took me a year and a few thousand bucks loss to understand that :(
So I thought I would share my experience!

Cheers,
Will

"insuranze" is not dictionary word yet. "advertizing" is a different story.
well wikipedia will let you know about the term "advertizing"
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising

•••
@Azwan Asban true "advertizing" is a slightly different story... but concept is the same. The fact that we are debating about it says a lot :)

If you believe there are buyers in the advertising business. Then I would suggest you buy: directadvertising.com and offer directadvertizing as a gift...

or sell directadvertizing.com to the owner of directadvertising.com

but stand alone, I don't think you have a value proposition.

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back