IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screenshot_20200201-102058_Chrome.jpg

End of story.

•••
ok... i give up and rest my case

but i still ain't doing no homeworks! :P

happy sales all.
try to post your cost price and as much info as u can. just follow the golden rule. to do unto others as u like done unto u... so if u like reading lots of info about others sales.. then grant them this unique informational joy as well.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Neha Gupta

Domain name: Searays. com
Sale venue: Outbound via Escrow.com
Price: 1999 USD
Purchase: 89 USD+ 20 USD renewal
Held around 2 years

You are doing well with the outbound strategy for your domains. Care to share? You can PM if you like.

•••
•••
•••
•••
What's this?

for like a year now, aftr u sell on gd, they have new system in place where u enter your transfer code aftr funds verify, which makes things real fast for transfr and payout. especially if your registratr allows expediate. this new system reduced previous wait times to get paid from 20-30 days to 1-7 days. for non gd regged names...... and from 5-10 days previously for gd regged names, to now basicaly 1-3 days to get paid/complete sale. these are tremendous improvements. and they knew exactly what they were doing when they made this new system.

Last edited:
•••
Domain: Parkour/Insurance [dot] com
Venue: Outbound/Private
Asking price: $1,988
Sale price: $1,250
Commission: $0
Purchase price: $20
Net profit: $1,230
Hold time: One week

GD closeout purchase. Contacted four potential end users.
Hello,
Congratulations on sale.
Would you mind sharing how did you find enduser for this name?
Thanks and all the best

•••
Hello,
Congratulations on sale.
Would you mind sharing how did you find enduser for this name?
Thanks and all the best
Thanks! In this case it was a simple Google search for the term. There are several insurance companies that offer this type of coverage.

•••
Mr//Cloud//.co - $499 - Afternic BIN
Cera//Shine//com - $500 - incoming offer through DAN
Home//Tune//.co.uk - $200 - incoming offer through DAN
Resolute//Therapy//.com - $800 - Afternic BIN
Chicago//Interpreters//.com - $299 - Outbound, completed through DAN

Above are sales from last 35 days. All of the above were hand regs with hold time under a year. Thanks.

Whats your portfolio size?

Your Signature link doesn't works.

•••
•••
•••
That could have been a lot higher if you went to a brandable platform.

It was actually expiring and seeing somewhat less potential i actually made the BIN to 200 and was surprised when it got sold the very next day. I had registered this domain after 'Black Panther' movie came whose fictitious kingdom was called 'Wakanda'

•••
Some sales for January 2020...

glyph dot co ... $3000
Inbound via email
Premium reg ($120) in Apr 2019

sapiens dot co ... $3000
MakeOffer via DAN lander
Premium reg ($120) in Dec 2019

grg dot co ... $2250
MakeOffer via DAN lander
Purchased ($32) in July 2015

digitalx dot co ... $1495
BIN via DAN lander
Handreg ($10) in Dec 2017

drayage dot co ... $500
MakeOffer via DAN lander
Handreg ($3) in Aug 2019

Additional info/context...

My 2019 trading overview available here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/almost-a-decade-of-domaining.1056328/page-5#post-7572841

Discussing the journey so far on @DomainNameWire podcast:
https://domainnamewire.com/2020/01/20/from-selling-vinyl-to-selling-domain-names-dnw-podcast-269/

Some sales for January 2020...

glyph dot co ... $3000
Inbound via email
Premium reg ($120) in Apr 2019

sapiens dot co ... $3000
MakeOffer via DAN lander
Premium reg ($120) in Dec 2019

grg dot co ... $2250
MakeOffer via DAN lander
Purchased ($32) in July 2015

digitalx dot co ... $1495
BIN via DAN lander
Handreg ($10) in Dec 2017

drayage dot co ... $500
MakeOffer via DAN lander
Handreg ($3) in Aug 2019

Additional info/context...

My 2019 trading overview available here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/almost-a-decade-of-domaining.1056328/page-5#post-7572841

Discussing the journey so far on @DomainNameWire podcast:
https://domainnamewire.com/2020/01/20/from-selling-vinyl-to-selling-domain-names-dnw-podcast-269/

nice stuff!!! small world heheh... your buyer of digitalx contacted me for .io before he bought yours ... i can't remember but I think I said a bit more than yuor bin.. so instead of negotiating he bought yours.. oh well maybe he just liked co better.. nice job. :)

can u briefly comment plz:
how many .co u hold roughly now?
what is % of those that are premium..
also % co vs other extensions...
and lastly, % of your .co listed at makeoffr.. vs bin.

appreciate it.
ty

Last edited:
•••
nice stuff!!! small world heheh... your buyer of digitalx contacted me for .io before he bought yours ...

Thanks @alcy - there’s definitely a relationship between .CO and .IO - they have a large overlap for end users and are fairly interchangeable. One often sets a price-ceiling for the other. Because of this, I try to look at the price/availability of the .IO in determining a competitive price for the .CO

how many .co u hold roughly now?
- 1700-ish

what is % of those that are premium..
- Don’t know from memory, as many were registered before premium tier kicked in

also % co vs other extensions...
- Over 90% are .CO

and lastly, % of your .co listed at makeoffr.. vs bin
- I set nearly all of them as BIN with MakeOffer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Small sedo sale: Backify in the king, $3250
held for 3 years, negotiations against a $4500 BIN. It was the first offer on this name.
[Backify was a backup company that developed a spam/scam reputation and later let the domain expire. I think I picked it up at dynadot 3 years back. Backi.fi and Backifi.com are already taken, the buyer MAY BE related or may have bought it to pitch it to them. Same geographical region.]

NFD

Unrelated to the sale question. Do you just list on Sedo or also do landers? And how difficult is the process of listing now? I don't mind adding mine if it is not too much hassle nowadays.

•••
Unrelated to the sale question. Do you just list on Sedo or also do landers? And how difficult is the process of listing now? I don't mind adding mine if it is not too much hassle nowadays.

Mostly Sedo, Dan and Epik.
In case of Sedo, I just point the nameservers to them and the sale lander comes up auto. You can request Sedo reps to disable parking on your account and replace it with sales lander. (Take a look at my other domain OctaneLend.com for example) They WILL ask you to verify your listings every time you add some which is a bit of pain, other than that, listing process is pretty much the same everywhere.

•••
Mostly Sedo, Dan and Epik.
In case of Sedo, I just point the nameservers to them and the sale lander comes up auto. You can request Sedo reps to disable parking on your account and replace it with sales lander. (Take a look at my other domain OctaneLend.com for example) They WILL ask you to verify your listings every time you add some which is a bit of pain, other than that, listing process is pretty much the same everywhere.

Thanks. Don't need their landers, but was thinking that even if they can provide 0.05% sell through rate via just listing with them, that might translate into 2 sales a year )

•••
Sold NNNCapital dot com for $5,000 at DAN.com. NNN stands for "triple net", a real estate leaseback term. Buyer offered $1,000 to $1,500 variously, but we held our ground at $5,000 saying, "Our price is our price." Paid $28.99 for it in 2016 at a Pheenix auction where I was the lone bidder.

Entered into an agreement to sell Finbot dot ai for $9,750 over 60 months at DAN.com. Buyer has made payment 1/60. Who knows if they'll complete the rest? Paid $434 for it in January 2019 at .ai auctions.

Both of these transactions occurred within 48 hours of us testing all of our domain names at DAN.com for the first time. Pleased with the results so far. Especially intrigued by the payment plans.
So you moved away from Uniregistry, seems to be a lot of people exiting their landers for afternic, or Dan as of recent.

•••
This domain resolves on sale on DAN with a bin of $1500. Is it your listing that you have forgotten to remove ? This is sold to an enduser right ?
I guess domain name is still listed by previous owner who forgot to remove the domain name because I have sold the domain to an USA based end user through outbound.

•••
Domain name: Searays. com
Sale venue: Outbound via Escrow.com
Price: 1999 USD
Purchase: 89 USD+ 20 USD renewal
Held around 2 years
I guess you sold it to the singular version owner, right?

•••
nevermind, buyer backed out after the auction. I still have it. ty. :(

Bido is the worst place I found to buy/sell domains... I had similar experiences there, and there is no responsibility for members that did not honored auction. Bido is a waste of time.

•••
B/a/n/x/a .co
Sale price: $1000
Net : $800
Venue: Afternic
purchase : Epik handreg promo
Hold Time: 6 months.
Sale date Jan 29th.

Money hit my account today
Wow congrats. I remember someone selling the dot com version of this name last year at SquadHelp...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back