Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Rob Monster Thanks. Yeah, I already put a dozen or so domains there. We'll see how it goes. I hope the search functions will be added soon. I'm definitely rooting for you guys. NameJet has become unreliable, Flippa is in the dumps and Snap usually forces people to use Networse Solutions, a horror show masquerading as a registrar. So if you guys can make this work... it'll be awesome.

•••
Due to my frequent typing of "Epik" I misspelled my initial YouTube search of "epic"

upload_2019-12-26_13-20-45.png

As watching an episode of Fugget About It, and the frequent mentioning of epic, reminded me of, well, Epik.

The searched for video 👇 (turn volume down, as the YouTube uploader edited and dubbed the video to make one part louder than the orginal errr)

Last edited:
•••
Took at name at NameLiquidate.com. Couple of comments:

- would be nice to have ability to download a .csv file to review/filter names.
- how about ability to put in a bid below the current price? Bid gets triggered if no one else scoops up the name before it reaches specified price.

•••
Took at name at NameLiquidate.com. Couple of comments:

- would be nice to have ability to download a .csv file to review/filter names.
- how about ability to put in a bid below the current price? Bid gets triggered if no one else scoops up the name before it reaches specified price.

Great input.

Will discuss with @vitigo -- I like both of those requests. We'll also be handing out some Epik credit for the folks who bring the good ideas and bug reports so keep that coming.

I will ask @DanSanchez to round up the account info for the folks who contribute materially.

•••
Anyone from Epik support online?

My client's website is down. Someone PM me. Need to get back online ASAP!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
@DanSanchez Regarding NameLiquidate- I think it would be helpful to be able to favorite or follow certain auctions. Then buyers could monitor the prices of domains they're interested in easily instead of having to keep searching for the same domain many times in order to grab it at a price the buyer feels good about.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone from Epik support online?

My client's website is down. Someone PM me. Need to get back online ASAP!

Client is back online! Thank you for the heads up.

@DanSanchez Regarding NameLiquidate- I think it would be helpful to be able to favorite or follow certain auctions. Then buyers could monitor the prices of domains they're interested in easily instead of having to keep checking the prices in order to grab a domain at a price the buyer feels good about.

Devs are working overnight to deliver that, as well as much needed updates on the text of the site, automatic buy-ins, and other small features we are missing. I agree it would be very helpful. For now, snap those names up early! The first batch of names is about to enter -30 hours to end! Where are you looking to enter?

•••
@DanSanchez Cool. Thanks. For now I'm looking at it from a seller's perspective because I listed about a dozen there so I was thinking that as a buyer I would have wanted to follow domains that interest me. It also adds urgency when you see the price drop down and you want to grab something you want before someone else does. So it's cool that you'll be adding that. I'll very likely be a buyer in the future too after all the filters are implemented (and depending on the inventory of course). By the way, is there a place where the auctioned domains can be seen in the seller's dashboard? After adding domains to NameLiquidate, they're basically added to the Epik portfolio even when they're already there and there doesn't seem to be any indication anywhere that they're being auctioned so it's a bit confusing.

•••
@DanSanchez Cool. Thanks. For now I'm looking at it from a seller's perspective because I listed about a dozen there so I was thinking that as a buyer I would have wanted to follow domains that interest me. It also adds urgency when you see the price drop down and you want to grab something you want before someone else does. So it's cool that you'll be adding that. I'll very likely be a buyer in the future too after all the filters are implemented (and depending on the inventory of course). By the way, is there a place where the auctioned domains can be seen in the seller's dashboard? After adding domains to NameLiquidate, they're basically added to the Epik portfolio even when they're already there and there doesn't seem to be any indication anywhere that they're being auctioned so it's a bit confusing.

Yes I am also listing some of my inventory there to test along side you guys. Figured out a couple of bugs in the process! I am keeping track of the names I like and the names I listed on a simple text note for now.

The seller's process is integrated to Epik portfolio processes. We might add a folder or another separator to delimit the domains that are going into liquidation for sellers to keep track. There is nothing there yet, I just checked with one of the domains I submitted. A seller's dashboard is a great idea, but I know we won't have that done by tomorrow. Devs take a short break from work until the first week of January. They have been non-stop working to deliver this, the Escrow dashboard, and the daily to-do list at Epik.

Keep the feedback coming, it is a loop that will help you grow alongside our efforts to deliver the ideal liquidation market.

•••
•••
Some input/requests re the SSL landing page following:

It would be nice to have a second 'box' in which to list additional info. Such as: I want to put a notice on one or a group of domains that the price(s) have been lowered...or, I want to add a disclaimer notice that would apply to all or subset of domains, etc.

The 'sales pitch' info on one and/or all domains would be over written if I wanted to add or change something in the one existing data box (at least I can find no way to save existing data).

My real life situation is I want to add some additional procedure and payment info for a majority of my names but I do not want to lose the man hours already devoted to individual pitches.

•••
Some input/requests re the SSL landing page following:

It would be nice to have a second 'box' in which to list additional info. Such as: I want to put a notice on one or a group of domains that the price(s) have been lowered...or, I want to add a disclaimer notice that would apply to all or subset of domains, etc.

The 'sales pitch' info on one and/or all domains would be over written if I wanted to add or change something in the one existing data box (at least I can find no way to save existing data).

My real life situation is I want to add some additional procedure and payment info for a majority of my names but I do not want to lose the man hours already devoted to individual pitches.

You know there is a full WYSIWYG editor, right?

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/enable-a-coming-soon-or-domain-parking-page/

Or are you wanting to add like a prominent "Deal Alert" text?

Check out the existing options for text and layout and advise if we need to add a new option.

@Ala Dadan

•••
Hi Rob,

In the image below copied from Epik, what I am asking for is if we can have another box like the existing 'content and media' box added just above the 'save changes' button.

It could, in functionality, be an exact duplicate of the exist box (maybe call it #2) but it a box that we could put our standard terms, limitations, response times, etc. This would allow us to make changes in terms without making changes in content in the original box that may have very specific information for that domain.

epik 12-28-19.jpg

•••
Hi Rob,

In the image below copied from Epik, what I am asking for is if we can have another box like the existing 'content and media' box added just above the 'save changes' button.

It could, in functionality, be an exact duplicate of the exist box (maybe call it #2) but it a box that we could put our standard terms, limitations, response times, etc. This would allow us to make changes in terms without making changes in content in the original box that may have very specific information for that domain.

Show attachment 140167

I like it.

Will discuss with @Ala Dadan and @vitigo. Timing-wise engineering is done for 2019 so it will be January.

There was a huge push this week to deploy NameLiquidate.com. Check that out. I think it is a gamechanger -- one largely inspired by @DanSanchez.

•••
I like it.

Will discuss with @Ala Dadan and @vitigo. Timing-wise engineering is done for 2019 so it will be January.

There was a huge push this week to deploy NameLiquidate.com. Check that out. I think it is a gamechanger -- one largely inspired by @DanSanchez.

Thank you...it would be VERY helpful. Haven't had a chance to see the newest changes at NameLiquidate yet...going to check it out after some home made pasta with broccoli and alfredo. :xf.smile:

•••
I did not actively followup, so maybe this is or was discussed elsewhere. But, still. It currenty says Displaying 1 to 100 of 1,032 Liquidation domains with the pricing between $162.23 and $970.14. Not exactly "liquidation". I though that the platform is supposed to let the users list domains they are not going to renew at different registrars. Right now I might list some already not marked for renewal with dynadot, namesilo or daddy, for lets say $59. All will expire in January. Most would be subsequently sold as expireds pre-release anyway, and not for $59 (usually they sell for higher amounts, especially on GD expireds auction), but without any pocket money to myself the previous owner. Isn't it what nameliquidate is about? Again, sorry if the question is already answered on nameliquidate.com - cannot find it...

Last edited:
•••
I did not actively followup, so maybe this is or was discussed elsewhere. But, still. It currenty says Displaying 1 to 100 of 1,032 Liquidation domains with the pricing between $162.23 and $970.14. Not exactly "liquidation". I though that the platform is supposed to let the users list domains they are not going to renew at different registrars. Right now I might list some already not marked for renewal with dynadot, namesilo or daddy, for lets say $59. All will expire in January. Most would be subsequently sold as expireds pre-release anyway, and not for $59 (usually they sell for higher amounts, especially on GD expireds auction), but without any pocket money to myself the previous owner. Isn't it what nameliquidate is about? Again, sorry if the question is already answered on nameliquidate.com - cannot find it...

Tony - The prices drop hourly and bottom at $9 with a 9% sales commission. I have seen some names get sniped already but there are some bargains in that mix.

•••
Tony - The prices drop hourly and bottom at $9 with a 9% sales commission. I have seen some names get sniped already but there are some bargains in that mix.
Rob, thank you for the clarification. So, basically - is the following correct:
1. I need to open an account with Epik (or should it be separate nameliquidate account)?
2. I would be able to list my expireds at different registrars, marking "remaining time" as appropriate, with modest starting prices.
3. Should a sale happen, I'll need to unlock the domain and provide authcode to Epik. Anything else - like direct communication with the buyer or manual start of registrar transfer by the buyer - is barely acceptable (human factor, delays etc)
4. Should I purchase something, it would be delivered to my epik account assuming that another fellow domainer submitted authcode in timely fashion (before expiry).
?

Last edited:
•••
Rob, thank you for the clarification. So, basically - is the following correct:
1. I need to open an account with Epik (or should it be separate nameliquidate account)?
2. I would be able to list my expireds at different registrars, marking "remaining time" as appropriate, with modest starting prices.
3. Should a sale happen, I'll need to unlock the domain and provide authcode to Epik. Anything else - like direct communication with the buyer - is barely acceptable (human factor, delays etc)
?

Hey Tony, I recommend you visit the thread where we are actively discussing the project here.

Dev team should have the text and how it all works on the site soon. Here is how the process works from your end.

1. Log into your Epik account, if logged in just go to NameLiquidate. It uses FederatedIdentity automatically.
2. Go to NameLiquidate
3. Find the green "add domains" button
4. This takes you to this page https://registrar.epik.com/portfolio-liquidate
5. List your external unlocked domains with valid authorization codes. Internal epik domains don't need auth codes for submissions.
6. Agree to the terms of the site.
7. Liquidate!

- To answer your questions, you do need an Epik account. The same account is used for Nameliquidate.
- Your expired domains can be listed up to 10 days after expiration from any registrar.
- The price is set automatically to $998 and reduces hourly until it reaches closeouts in the final hour at $9.
- The sale happens automatically, the transfer is initiated right after. All you have to do is authorize the fast-transfer as quickly as possible.
- Funds are deposited into your Epik account for use or disbursement.

Let me know if that answers your questions, happy to help in the process.

EDIT: Hey 1,000 posts!

Last edited:
•••
I believe if you know for sure that you are going to liquidate a domain from an external registrar it's best to Unlock it and get the Auth-Code while you still have control over the domain. Also at some registrars even if you unlock the domain before it expires it will revert back to the lock status once it expires so you might have to unlock it again (there might be a small window to do this once the domain goes past the expiration date).

(@DanSanchez , if this is true it might be helpful to mention it on the website at name liquidate)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
#2 A very cool free domainer tool suite is online:

https://nameinvestors.com/

This is being led by @Gube. Drag and drop dashboards with awesome tools for finding the perfect domains.

Is there a dedicated thread about this somewhere? Still trying to figure out where you're going with this one. A lot of stuff going on, but not sure how it's all supposed to fit together? (or is it even supposed to?)

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back