Domain Empire

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very small font on my phone. I thinks its bare

•••
regged and parked...googal.info...at epik. checked out my parked page and found this new (to me) page. have you seen these? what do you think? https://googal.info/
turns out it was the default parked page. first time i had seen it.

•••
What doe the Custom Javascript Tracking Code do? Why use it over the Google Analytics ID?

Epik-parked domains are not showing up correctly in GA. All I get for results is;

page "/"
page title "(not set)"

•••
@Rob Monster
Regarding buyer's messages via localized Epik landers...
Please add Warning/Disclaimer to send these messages to seller in English only...
Thanks.
What doe the Custom Javascript Tracking Code do? Why use it over the Google Analytics ID?

Epik-parked domains are not showing up correctly in GA. All I get for results is;

page "/"
page title "(not set)"
The Custom Javascrit field lets you add any html and javascript code.
It's used in case someone would like to track visitors with something else than GA, or would like to customize his lander a bit.

For GA, a solution would be to add a dimension in a custom report.
We wrote a guide about it here : https://www.epik.com/support/knowle...alytics-in-bulk-to-premium-ssl-landing-pages/

Gube

•••
Let's say I list the domain on Epik marketplace, and I'm given an option to park the domain, and add a description. That description doesn't appear on the landing page. I want to add kewyords, and maybe some more (image (like waving flag with domain on it), sound,..)... I'm sure it must be possible; like using Build option. Why can't I continue with building when listing, so instead of two things, I would do one. Otherwise I easily forget where I was,.. I need to search for that domain, go to the menu, choose build...
Is it a good idea to use another account for external domains?
Is our personal data made available to the buyers before (or after) payment? Other marketplaces use invoice, and then buyers change their mind after seeing the invoice and decide not to pay, which is very annoying.

Last edited:
•••
Epik is great..first of all I want to thank @Rob Monster for creating a wonderful platform like Nameliquidate...I liquidated 3 domains till now.

Secondly, I got an offer on one of my domain via epik marketplace. Though it was low ball offer of $15 but it was first ever offer I received. I countered with $140 but 3 days gone, no reply. Hoping for best in future with Epik. Added all my domains to marketplace.

•••
Let's say I list the domain on Epik marketplace, and I'm given an option to park the domain, and add a description. That description doesn't appear on the landing page. I want to add kewyords, and maybe some more (image (like waving flag with domain on it), sound,..)... I'm sure it must be possible; like using Build option. Why can't I continue with building when listing, so instead of two things, I would do one. Otherwise I easily forget where I was,.. I need to search for that domain, go to the menu, choose build...
Hello Topdom,

An answer to why it's not showing on the lander is that we chose to build a more powerful system on top of the foundations we already had, the Epik marketplace.
Writing a description in this menu will add the description on the marketplace page of the given domain.
To have the description on the domain, you can do it from the Build > Park this domain page by using the WYSIWIG editor.

Is it a good idea to use another account for external domains?
You could do it that way, or you also can use filters to manage your domains, both internal and external more easily

Is our personal data made available to the buyers before (or after) payment? Other marketplaces use invoice, and then buyers change their mind after seeing the invoice and decide not to pay, which is very annoying.
The seller infos are never transmitted to the buyer due to the way it's operated. When a domain sells, Epik buys the domain from the seller and simultaneously sell it to the buyer. It keeps it safe for both sides of the transaction

Gube

•••
Another problem with Epik landing: quite often I get this error page: https://bitmitigate.com/not-in-our-systems.html .. Since some others see the same, and mentioned it here, I hope it is ok for me to repeat it.
Just before I switch to Epik parking, I want to see that it works perfectly.

•••
Another problem with Epik landing: quite often I get this error page: https://bitmitigate.com/not-in-our-systems.html .. Since some others see the same, and mentioned it here, I hope it is ok for me to repeat it.
Just before I switch to Epik parking, I want to see that it works perfectly.
Sure. This page is shown while the domain is added to Bitmitigate. In general, it's done in a few minutes.
To see the lander directly, you might have to clean your cache/use another browser.
Visiting the domain after 10 minutes with a cleaned cache should do the trick and show the lander

•••
You can use our PPC landers. It is the 3rd option for domain parking. I checked your account and you are approved for it. The PPC landers link to your marketplace listings and show PPC ads. The ads pay out with a 4 day delay but the funds are instantly usable on Epik. FYI, we don't get paid until at least day 45.

Show attachment 144059
How get eligible for the third option? I don't see that.

Also, how many visitors to Epik landers and Epik parking sites on average across the entire site.

Last edited:
•••
How get eligible for the third option? I don't see that.

Also, how many visitors to Epik landers and Epik parking sites on average across the entire site.

Hi James,
I'll send you a private message & take a look at your account from my side.
Thanks,

•••
I'll try again!

page "/"
page title "(not set)"

Why is this happening and how to fix it? I need to know what pages are being visited and where they are from.

•••
I'll try again!

page "/"
page title "(not set)"

Why is this happening and how to fix it? I need to know what pages are being visited and where they are from.
Hello sircc,

The way it's set up by default, Google Analytics doesn't show you any difference between your domains/ host names.
A way to see from which domains people access to is by creating a custom report inside GA with a hostname dimension.
Here is a quick guide on how to do it https://www.epik.com/support/knowle...alytics-in-bulk-to-premium-ssl-landing-pages/
It only has to be done once, and allows anyone to use the same GA code on all of his domains.

Gube

•••
Ok, thank you Gube, i'll set it up and see how it goes.

•••
I'll try again!

page "/"
page title "(not set)"

I found that using https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/ to futz around with the dimensions got some that worked out nicely. Try it. Fill out your parameters and these are the dimensions and metrics that seem to work for me:

upload_2020-4-23_14-38-13.png

The hostname almost always has the domain name visited in it. The landingpage seems to have the parameters they may have entered - FWIW.

For example:

upload_2020-4-23_14-40-27.png

upload_2020-4-23_14-41-7.png

Hope that works out for you!

•••
Thank you Anthony, that will certainly help.

I started seeing some page titles appear. Maybe I'm being impatient for the names to resolve correctly in GA. As long as I can see what domains and where the traffic is from, I'm happy.

•••
Thank you Anthony, that will certainly help.

I started seeing some page titles appear. Maybe I'm being impatient for the names to resolve correctly in GA. As long as I can see what domains and where the traffic is from, I'm happy.

Took me a while to get it working. I love stats, I need stats! :) If you havent already, try the google sheets add-in!
https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on

I have the reports updating each hour from multiple sources (Epik, Bodis, Undeveloped)

•••
I bought a 4L.com domain from the NPs member about a month ago and he pushed that domain into my Epik account.

Recently, I have auctioned this domain in GD, the winner is determined not to push this domain via epik account but they just want to transfer to GD.

I checked that the domain has been locked for 60 days and has about 1 month to transfer out.

Could you please help me? @Rob Monster

Thank you so much.

•••
I bought a 4L.com domain from the NPs member about a month ago and he pushed that domain into my Epik account.

Recently, I have auctioned this domain in GD, the winner is determined not to push this domain via epik account but they just want to transfer to GD.

I checked that the domain has been locked for 60 days and has about 1 month to transfer out.

Could you please help me? @Rob Monster

Thank you so much.

Hi there,
Can you please PM me your Epik username/email & the domain name?
I'll take a look from my end.

•••
Stopped by to say that @Rob Monster and @epik has been very supportive of what we're doing at DNWE.

Our Epik experience is certainly a positive one so far.

Keep up the good work.

•••
Stopped by to say that @Rob Monster and @epik has been very supportive of what we're doing at DNWE.

Our Epik experience is certainly a positive one so far.

Keep up the good work.

Absolutely, Josh!

Quick note about DNWE: YOU GUYS ROCK!

•••
Any progress with catch all emails for external domains on Epic nameservers? Thanks

•••
Any progress with catch all emails for external domains on Epic nameservers? Thanks

I second this.

I recently enabled the catch-all emails for my epik registered domains and I can not believe the types of emails I am receiving to my domains! The emails range from orders that need to be filled, to accounting information, advertising samples, communications from credit cards, I have even received someone's COVID-19 test results!

Would like to get more of my names set up to see whats coming in.

•••
Juergen - We do IBAN transfers now for 0.63 Euro. It is pretty close to free and almost instant. Transferwise has been a game-changer there. Waiting for Revolut to be legal in USA.

If it's only €0.63, can I test this and withdraw $10? Will you convert $10 to €, deduct fee and send €?

•••
If it's only €0.63, can I test this and withdraw $10? Will you convert $10 to €, deduct fee and send €?
Hello - yes, if you select WIRE during your MB Cashout and mention you wish to receive funds in euro, we can covert and send in that currency, no issue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back