NameSilo

question Do 6 figure sales actually HAPPEN on NP?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I'm fairly new here so I think I can ask this.
I've seen recently and many times since I signed up with NP people creating threads saying they are brokering or selling their own ultra premium (Obvious) 6 figure or even million dollar domains on NP.

I have to admit it catches thee eye when it pops up. But my question is....

Do such domains actually get sold because they posted on NP?

I'd be curious to find out if for no other reason but just to know. I'm sure some have wondered.

Most threads with these super premium domains get compliments and other chatter. and I'm assuming that the rest of the deal ( if it happens) happens via PM.

but do they ever get sold because of NP?

if so? can someone showcase any such sales?

Has anyone ever sold such a domain to someone on NP?

since we all assume NP is the "land of resellers" I suspect we all assume that most of us are cheap and won't pay "enduser" prices.

yet people still feel the need to create a thread trying to sell such domains here so that means people do believe there are people on NP with deep pockets or endusers?

right now I've seen these domains being mentioned here for sale.

Cats.com (closed)
45.com
38.com

both are expecting six figures at least.

Just Curious.

I suspect also there's probably some sort of NDA along with such sales. so even if they did happen. can't be made public.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No they dont.

But for sure there are people here that is able to make these sort of purchases. They just dont hang around and monitor the threads.

But by posting them here you will reach a lot of brokers whom in turn might get a serious buyer to look. But in the 10 years I have been here, I have yet to see someone posting sold in a 6 figure name thread.

EDIT
Make that almost 11 years.. Oh so old..

Last edited:
•••
No they dont.

But for sure there are people here that is able to make these sort of purchases. They just dont hang around and monitor the threads.

But by posting them here you will reach a lot of brokers whom in turn might get a serious buyer to look. But in the 10 years I have been here, I have yet to see someone posting sold in a 6 figure name thread.

EDIT
Make that almost 11 years.. Oh so old..

hahaha. much appreciated! I suspected as much. I guess I was being "Capt. Obvious" but good info. We see such domains pass thru here and we check it out and maybe watch the thread but after a post or two. that's about it. so just wondered. I'm sure others have too.

•••
Yeah, sometimes I do wonder myself.

Some people post such names for sale and posts remarks like "no brokers", "only end-users" or "offers in the 8 figures". When ever that happens.. Its time for some *roll eyes* ;)

There are no end-users watching for deals on NP. They are out being business people.

•••
•••
Users commonly traded three letter dot coms in the years past. Even an occassional 1 word. Most of the buyers now probably can't read this forum.
Btw, how would anyone know who is monitoring NP threads, except....?

Last edited:
•••
cats.com was listed on flippa , ended unsold with high bidder 125,000
I think that the seller have sent your bin at all bidder and have sold the domain.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Users commonly traded three letter dot coms in the years past. Even an occassional 1 word. Most of the buyers now probably can't read this forum.
Btw, how would anyone know who is monitoring NP threads, except....?

Except?? Lol don't keep us in suspense!

•••
if you sell google.com or s*ex.com here
you might find a buyer at namepros
in that 6 figure range ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back