IT.COM

Do Meta Tags need to be consistent?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
For example. If i have drug rehab related site. Should I try to be as consistent as possible with the meta keywords and stick with ones like "drug rehab", "drug treatment" and "drug abuse"......

Or could I safely use a mix of general keywords as well, like "health", "hospitals", "clinics", "psychiatry".....etc...and still get the improved SE rank I'm looking for?

Sorry for the newbie question but I want to give myself the best chance of showing up in some search results and I'm new at SEO.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would stick to keywords you are targeting drug rehab, drug addiction ect provided that drug rehab & drug addiction or whatever keywords you choose are in your web sites body text...

•••
Many search engines don't even give too much attention to meta tags anymore. But if you want to place them on your web site I would say that meta description and keywords should be there.

However, try not to place too many keywords. 6-7 should be enough. Only the first 150 characters or so will matter anyway, the rest will be ignored by search engines.

•••
Not a real issue, just keep the tags relevant to the page's content

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back