NameSilo

opinion Domain appraisal by Estibot?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kimberglen

Impact
Domain appraisal by Estibot?
Hi Domainers, I am beginner in buy and sell domain industry, I often have no idea about what prices that suit for my domain for sale.
Then I found Estibot. com, it's look like a great tool.

Did you use this tool for appraise your domain?
Please give me your opinion and advices!
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain appraisal is not an exact science that can be calculated by a mathematical or physics formula. This relates to the market analysis can only be done by a human.
Even humans could be wrong on appraise a domain, how could an automated tool do this accurately???

•••
Thanks

Keep in mind:

A domain name is worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay for it, no more and no less.

Or, depending on how much you need the money more than you need the domain.

Bye

•••
Don't buy domains based on appraisals. You'll be burning money.

What to look for
- tld popularity (look at daily sales http://namebio.com )
- keyword stats - keyword spy or Google keyword planner or bing keyword tool
- passes radio test
- don't buy trademark names( check http://udrpsearch.com to find so many cases)
- backlinks and pagerank if you are going to develop it

•••
Kimberglen. you should read the thread 10 Tips for Domain Beginners posted in this section.

Good luck :xf.smile:

•••
Estibot and similar tools are the tools that some buyers use to bring your price down..

•••
Estibot is never accurate. It may appraise a lower value domain higher or vice versa.

•••
Domain appraisal by Estibot?
Hi Domainers, I am beginner in buy and sell domain industry, I often have no idea about what prices that suit for my domain for sale.
Then I found Estibot. com, it's look like a great tool.

Did you use this tool for appraise your domain?
Thanks
Here's why Estibot doesn't really mean a thing-as was mentioned above a domain is worth what someone will pay-period. A CEO of a company paid $1million for DUDU.com-so there you have it. Best of luck to you.

•••
Estibot can be quite good... it's certainly better than most domainers lol.

•••
i would more use namebio as mentioned above to give you an idea of what similar names have sold for recently - even then its only a guide

•••
Its like having a tool to estimate the value of art. Its so individual and so complicated that there is no way a tool can give you accurate information about the real value of a domain name. Do not buy domains based on what estibot says or you will burn through a lot of cash real quick.

•••
slightly off topic but i tried your domain lead finder and was impressed so well done. is great that its free too with the option of paid extras. thanks!

•••
•••
First off, if you want to be taken as a serious domainer then don't go quoting estibot appraisal values. Many times that will turn a serious/veteran domain the other direction from you.

Estibot valuations are only good for end-users who don't know that their valuations are usually WAY off.

Estibot can and is used by a few people around here to get a general idea as to if a domain is worth thinking about, but most people who are around domains and serious/veterans do not consider it anything but a newbie joke site.

Automated domain appraisals are not realistic and can't take many things into consideration.

•••
i would more use namebio as mentioned above to give you an idea of what similar names have sold for recently - even then its only a guide
I mostly use dnprice.es, but sometimes I use namebio too for seek an idea.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back