Dynadot

discuss Domain Buyer Requests subforum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Time to limit the minimum budget to $1,000?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    42.6%
  • No

votes
    57.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Full of stupid requests to buy one word or two words dot com with a budget of $50.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Or simply ignore the requests?

•••
Some people need cash fast and so I can understand why these topics can work. To be honest, I am more surprised at the people who post a reply in these threads stating that they will pay better prices but then fail to create their own threads. :xf.confused:

•••
Lol. I need 3L for $40. Send now.

Jk

•••
•••
It's been a joke for years. Probably the worst forum on NP's. There should be one forum for all this dross and 1 forum for serious buyers and sellers who have been members for 2 years, who hopefully know better. But if they don't, they would be disallowed to post in the serious forum.

•••
I would not favour a minimum price (and voted no) but am sympathetic to your point that a silly request benefits no one. However, sometimes people do really need to move domains to free up some cash. In general it seems to me that most sales on NPs are, not surprisingly, at pretty low prices compared to equivalent names that sell at Sedo, etc.

•••
•••
•••
Buy now
Lol
$99999999999999..............
:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

•••
I voted no. I post want ads for deals. If I wanted to pay end user pricing for some of the crap that gets posted, I'd buy from another marketplace (which I did earlier this week).
Besides, some industries have domains that simply aren't worth $1k+. Not all industries are VR or crypto.

•••
Buy my stopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstops.top for $1k. (Just kidding, I don't have the top stop.)

•••
The most annoying part in requests is the inactivity of OP. People keep sending PM and OP is nowhere to be seen or have already obtained desired domains.

There should be a rule for auto-closing request thread if OP is inactive on the thread for say more than 10 days.

•••
People send crappy names no matter what the budget is and always overvalue their name. That being said for good names—

I think the minimum should be $50 and make people actually follow the rules about a per name budget and total budget.

Only at NPs do people want and expect names for less than $25. 😂 The cheapest of the cheap hunt here. You can’t get a registered name for less than that anywhere else and more often way more if the name is any level of good.

Last edited:
•••
People send crappy names no matter what the budget is and always overvalue their name. That being said for good names—

I think the minimum should be $50 and make people actually follow the rules about a per name budget and total budget.

Only at NPs do people want and expect names for less than $25. 😂 The cheapest of the cheap hunt here. You can’t get a registered name for less than that anywhere else and more often way more if the name is any level of good.

Buyers are just as bad, I agree with you on the sell side, but I laugh and tweet about the buyers looking for an exotic cctld where their budget is less than the registration fee. #GFY

•••
Two points here:

Free Market - No Compulsions - Free Will

It is how free market works.

Buyer spends money. How much he is willing to spend is his prerogative.
If I feel the prices are too low, I will not offer my domains. As simple as that.
If a seller wants to sell his domain at that price range, he will offer it.

Conversely, as a seller, I have every right to offer my two or three word robot related domains for a million dollars each.
Of course, you have the right to ignore them as well.

That is how free market should work.

All domains are not equal

Do not get caught up with the phrases "one word domain" or "two word domain".

I will avoid mentioning any domains which are currently on auction - but many one word domains have been sold here for that price range.

The difference is in the quality of the domains.

Loans.com is a one word domain. So is anteroposteriorly.com.
Do you think they are valued at the same price?
In fact, the one word domain anteroposteriorly.com is available for registration now. :)

Another example:

ExtemporaneousPrevarication.com is a two word domain - will it have the same price as that of StockMarket.com?

As long as the buyer and seller have the right expectations, everything is fine.

Last edited:
•••
Also the listings are too ambiguous, buyers need to be more specific in my opinion.

First off stop saying you are looking for "PREMIUM" .com names and have a budget that's less than four figures per name. Because words have meaning and no one is selling a "PREMIUM" .com for $40.

The use of the word brandable opens you up to a lot of crappy names, those buyers have no one but themselves to blame for 400 pm's of nonsense.

Be specific looking for two word brandables that end in media, capital, an animal etc... Just saying brandable is a waste of your time in my opinion.

•••
NO I agree with aseller its a FREE market and live with it. Its a FREE world so your opinion is valid as well but it definitely not a fact that its a joke some people do buy/sell there so it works the way it is.

•••
That's the domaining's evolution. Nobody (reseller) buys some names which would buy some years before. That's doesn't mean you won't sell aftermarket or you have bad names Just the reseller's interest has become more narrow.

All want the easy money now. Some 4L, 3L, 3N, or 4N easy flips and that's all.

Last edited:
•••
Buyers total budget is BIG, but per domain budget is $$. These buyer requests are crap. The budget should be mentioned for per domain only and not total budget. May be this will help control these fake requests.

•••
Maybe we could have 1 forum for sales and 1 forum for wanted ads. When I'm looking to sell, I would prefer to be in a sales forum, so my post is not overcrowded by all those obnoxious wanted threads.

•••
Just like Fixed price has one section for $100 min and another $500, Domains wanted threads can have two sections.

Bargain names wanted where the budget is $1 to $499 per name

Then a second sub forum with budgets of $500 and up.

The budgets must be expressed in per name, not $2,500 budget but looking to spend $10 to $25 a name.

The budget should be stated per name, if you want to share your total budget, that's great but not required to list.

•••
Full of stupid requests to buy one word or two words dot com with a budget of $50.

I like to read the request when I need a good laugh.

•••
These type of threads make me chuckle too. :giggle:
DnComedy/com is available to book.

•••
Unless there is a subforum only open to members with a solid buying/selling history, any WTB thread will be flooded with uneducated submissions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back