Dynadot

information Domain Industry Ethics - Igloo praised as Ethical Brokerage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Every function of human interaction is governed by ethics – the quintessential, unwritten rules of behavior that define how humans formulate both personal and interpersonal relationships.
Thankfully, the majority of domain industry professionals do observe the ethics of engagement. There are exceptions, of course, but the cheaters, thieves and other unprofessional vagabonds get identified and ostracized rather quickly.
On the ethical side of things, I would like to commend the Igloo.com team – professional domain brokers, who strive to deliver results for their clients, all while ensuring they retain a fully ethical implementation of business engagement.
The domain industry thrives on relationships, not numbers, and NDAs are well respected. The same goes for promissory notes that involve domain brokerage referrals.
Full Article: http://acro.net/blog/business/ethics-domain-industry/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I was going through to get my Bachelors of Business Administration, it was a requirement for my major to take the upper level business ethics course.

The professor managed to make it fun by starting off the first class pointing at the book and stating that two things are going to be the dullest activities we will ever have to do in order to get a degree in business. With his finger still on the book, he said something the lines of, “reading this damn book and sitting through this session.”

He was true on both fronts. The class was dull; though he was able to spruce it up quite a bit, and the book said the same thing every single page: be ethical in everything you do.

His hypothesis carried down from higher education requirements for certain majors was that if people were taught to be ethical in school with repetition, quite possibly business would start becoming less like Enron ran corporations to what is depicted by Igloo.com in this article.

Quite possibly, they were right.

However, my professor ended the course mentioning that business ethics may be a requirement in a graduate level MBA program so we should remember what we learned as it will most likely be on subsequent tests. I'm definitely looking forward to that this coming Spring.

Last edited:
•••
There are exceptions, of course, but the cheaters, thieves and other unprofessional vagabonds get identified and ostracized rather quickly.
Full Article: http://acro.net/blog/business/ethics-domain-industry/

That statement is fiction. In fact it's laughable.

The major thieves, cheaters, and "unprofessional vagabonds" still proliferate today, enjoying high-esteem status bestowed by at least one major domain "news" site and other industry players.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back