IT.COM

Domain investment strategies - Portfolio diversification vs specialization

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Portfolio diversification being the golden rule of investment, how much specialization is advisable when it comes to domain names? Beside that knowing your sector helps, do you feel having a theme-based portfolio is an advantage or rather a potential handicap?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel that there are certain "themes" in which the deviation from the standard practice of diversification MAY be acceptable (after thoroughly researching all aspects) ... and that is concentrated in the arena of Geo and centralized around the .COM's (with an added emphasis on developments), IMHO. :gl:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

•••
Of course it helps to know the industry your domains are related to. I think it is an advantage to own a portfolio of keyword domains where you were extremely knowledgeable of the keywords. But:

I think what's most important is that you have keywords that are featured in hundreds of developed domains.

There is a disease here with people arbitrarily hand-regging domains in bad extensions that don't get search volume.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back