NameSilo

Domain name only registration...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I feel like such a dumbass... I just need to register a domain name.. I don't need hosting (my friend is gonna host it for free on her reseller). Where can I register just the name? I tried enom.com, but I couldn't figure out where to register the name only... ??? I'm so confused =/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
First welcome to nampros!

As sohil said, www.namecheap.com is a good place to get domains. I have a couple of them there. Okey Go to the site and become a member for FREE. Then you just search at "your member home" for a domain to see if its available , if its available you just add the domain to the cart. Then you choose if you want to own the domain for 1, 2 years etc... And then checkout.. You can pay threw visa, mastercard and paypal (Not sure about paypal)

Then just read the instruction!! .. Btw, namecheap is just an example, you dont need to use namecheap.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand.

Good Luck!

webmasterinfo

•••
Originally posted by webmasterinfo
First welcome to nampros!

paypal (Not sure about paypal)

You can use paypal to add funds to your account and pay with that.

•••
•••
Thanks CH, I'd recommend Enom or namecheap as they have free pushes, and are widely used. I personally don't like godaddy too much.

•••
NameCheap .com - 5/5
RegisterFly.com - 4/5

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
Thanks CH, I'd recommend Enom or namecheap as they have free pushes, and are widely used. I personally don't like godaddy too much.

Agree. Though for a SINGLE domain registration in which it is likely to be hosted (developed) and not resold, some of these others may prove worthwhile to investigate.
All good points here! :)

•••
whats the cheapest domain registration you have seen for a .com/.net/.org and where at?

•••
Originally posted by katrina
whats the cheapest domain registration you have seen for a .com/.net/.org and where at?

Enom ... with their $6.95 Reseller accounts (not free, in the aftermarket), and, I believe, now Hostway.com at $5.95/per.
FYI: I'll get some more information this week on Hostway ... I meant to do this this past week and I'm simply running behind.
Thanks.
PS. Sohil, please send me a friendly reminder on Wed/Thurs. ;)

•••
try go daddy possiblY, I haven't tried them though. Maybe ask your friend, she'll probably have a pretty good idea...

•••
I think eNom offers 5,95$ (?) "name only" registrations.
Meaning: you can't use NS, and if you want NS functions then you must pay the difference to regular price.

•••
i dont think cheapest is always best :| :talk:

•••
I have always been using GoDaddy.com. 50+ domains no problem, but I have heard problems with Godaddy.com very recently. (eg. with users losing their domains for no reasons etc.)

•••
Godaddy.com or Netrillium.net registers with enom and they charge 7.50

•••
Netrillium.net for only $7.50/ year. they are pretty good! :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back