NameSilo

domain Domain Name Opinion - 777era.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haritha Sri Varshan

Impact
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first thread (forgive me if i am posting this in a wrong section) . I have been seeing most of the domain names that start with 777 are taken and it is still being treated very highly and couldn't get much domain names(i am a beginner). After some search found the below two names, are these really worthy enough? if not what am i missing? Just trying to understand how domain names are picked and valued.
777era.com
777careers.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Welcome to the forum! =-D

When it comes to determining value of domains it really depends on what type of domains you want to focus on. Above DKN mentioned numeric domains, if this is your approach then learn all you can about numeric domains on the forum and as mentioned by looking at sales over at NameBio.com.

You can also focus on keyword based domains in the .com extension, if you go to NameBio.com you will see a majority of the domains that sell consistently are these types of domains. Put some time towards educating yourself. There is a ton of knowledge in NamePros just search for it.

- Will

•••
Welcome to get GREATEST place on Earth to BUY and SELL domains.:laugh:

•••
777era.com
777careers.com

The honest assessment of these domains is that they have no appreciable value. It is true that certain numbers have value right now. Not to long ago domains with numbers had little value and anyone could register them with no problem. Now, because of the great interest by the Chinese in these so called numeric domains the values have risen steeply in a very short time. It is unclear if these values will be sustainable in the near term.

The domains you asked about contain numbers, but also contain letters. The combination of the letters and numbers makes these domains undesirable. If these domains contained only numbers they might have some value, especially if they contained the numbers favored by Chinese investors, the number 8 being one of the most desired.

Adding together the letters and numbers produces domain names that hold no real value.

•••
Just trying to understand how domain names are picked and valued.
Trying to understand what makes a domain have more potential value takes time and research, there's no way around that if you don't want to throw away lots of money by registering names that will never sell.

The best thing that you can do to learn and understand what domain names have more value and potential value is to read everything that you can about them, especially current information. Some good information years ago is more than likely not good any more. Look around this forum and read all the threads that you can. That would be a good start for learning about domain values.

Also, a good source for seeing what's selling and what values are for domains, you can check Namebio as a couple other members have mentioned.

Good Luck.

P.S. A lot of people new to domains will make the mistake of using popular words/terms and combining them with popular numbers. This rarely is a good combination unless the numbers and words/terms have a close relation, and then only sometimes.

•••
Just trying to understand how domain names are picked and valued.
First of all: Can you see a website/business using these domains in the real world ? For what purpose ?

•••
I knew I was forgetting something when I replied. ;)

Kate's point is a very good one. If someone was to buy the names you listed, what kind of website would they be used for? Also, if it was for a website, these aren't the kind of names that a business can build a brand with as well.

•••
Thanks a lot for your opinions and now i understood what i am missing.

•••
Thanks a lot for your opinions and now i understood what i am missing.
You are very welcome. Don't worry about not catching on when you are new to domain investing, everyone is in the same boat at the beginning. It takes time, research and effort to learn about domaining. Many people think it's easy and all you have to do is buy domains and get rich quick, and that's not the case at all. You'll catch on, I am sure of it. You had the good thought to ask a question here from people with knowledge and experience and that's a good sign. :)

Good Luck.

•••
First of all: Can you see a website/business using these domains in the real world ? For what purpose ?

Lucky 7 Careers, maybe? :)

•••
Many people think it's easy and all you have to do is buy domains and get rich quick, and that's not the case at all.

True, true, true.

•••
You are very welcome. Don't worry about not catching on when you are new to domain investing, everyone is in the same boat at the beginning. It takes time, research and effort to learn about domaining. Many people think it's easy and all you have to do is buy domains and get rich quick, and that's not the case at all. You'll catch on, I am sure of it. You had the good thought to ask a question here from people with knowledge and experience and that's a good sign. :)

Good Luck.
Affable, I'm still not catching, but scratching :) maybe because I have not sold any. :)

•••
Affable, I'm still not catching, but scratching :) maybe because I have not sold any. :)

That's probably more to do with your purchases than your negotiating skills.

•••
That's probably more to do with your purchases than your negotiating skills.
Stub, my domains are all parked; i didn't really put lots of effort of selling any. I know some of my domains worth something..in the near future.

•••
•••
Well, you just have to put a little more effort towards finding buyers and marketing. I am sure you will and it will usually happen when you least expect it. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back