NameSilo

Domain registration service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have to register a new .in domain name. So what do you think:-
1) Should I go for GoDaddy or some local Indian registrar?
2) Is the address that I provide during registration, changeable?
3) How much personal info should I provide while registering a domain?

There could be a prior thread on this topic. I searched but could not find it. If there is, kindly point me to it. Thanx for your effort.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are in India, I would try to find a Indian registrar with a good reputation. You can get an account with a Directi/Resellerclub member and get some pretty good prices generally. Other registrars to consider that I use are Name.com, Namecheap.com, and Domainsite.com.

Yes, the contact information for your account and for the domains should be changeable.

How much information you provide is up to you. I have all of my information listed, name, address, etc. and have never had a problem. This informaion is supposed to be accurate, but the email address MUST be so you can get messages about your domain.

•••
Check out dynadot.com $2.99 for in domains.

How much information you provide is up to you.

As far as I know its not allowed to use privacy whois anymore for .in domains because they have changed the rules a time ago.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back