Domain Empire

Domain value by Google search volume + bid price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I found a aaabbbccc.com name that's about 18,000 monthly searches and $0.5 - $1 bid price in Google keyword planner. How much is it worth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could use the Rosener equation:

Domain Name Valuation = A x B x C x D

where:
A = Exact-match monthly search volume
B = Average CPC
C = Click-through rate
D = Payback period (months)

So assuming a 12 month payback period, an average CPC of $0.75 and a CTR of 35% (For the #1 position on page one of Google ).

aaabbbccc.com = 18000 X 0.75 X 0.35 X 12
= 56, 700

Based on the Rosener equation the domain is worth $56,700 retail. Obviously there are going to be a lot of other factors effecting the price that cannot be quantified or included in this valuation. Personally, I'd use this equation to get a rough idea of how much advertising value it has on search engines and then discount or increase my valuation based on other factors some more easy to attribute value to like TLD's taken, age and comparable sales and others that are more difficult to discern..like whether or not this search term is a product and if so is the product obsolete or emerging tech etc.

Last edited:
•••
This is a bit surprising to me. It's not every day someone came across a gold name like this. Or is it worth so much at all?

Is it easy to rank a exact match keywords .com No.1 in Google these days?

aaabbbccc.com = 18000 X 0.75 X 0.35 X 12
= 56, 700

•••
the problem with using Andrew Rosener formula is rpc/epc can often be wildly inflated as I believe most all domains earn much closer to 0.10 cents vs .75 cents average RPC, not sure why your stats are so high.

For example, I have a great domain highly targeted to Federal Income Tax Return which "should" be a top paying category with these stats last 30-days: 7,800 visits, 3,000+ clicks, near 40% CTR, only 0.07c RPC.
That is only $70 per 1,000 visitors in a key financial category.

Last edited:
•••
That may be because you haven't monetized it well? Issue with business model, etc.?

I have a dresses site that sell dresses with about 300 - 500 visits per day according to Google Analytics, and the daily revenue is about 700 USD in good seasons and 400 USD in bad seasons, which equals to over $1 value per visit. Profit margin about $0.4 per visit.

How are you monetizing the domain / site?

For example, I have a great domain highly targeted to Federal Income Tax Return which "should" be a top paying category with these stats last 30-days: 7,800 visits, 3,000+ clicks, near 40% CTR, only 0.07c RPC.
That is only $70 per 1,000 visitors in a key financial category.

•••
That may be because you haven't monetized it well? Issue with business model, etc.?

I have a dresses site that sell dresses with about 300 - 500 visits per day according to Google Analytics, and the daily revenue is about 700 USD in good seasons and 400 USD in bad seasons, which equals to over $1 value per visit. Profit margin about $0.4 per visit.

How are you monetizing the domain / site?

It is not a site. Have tried 3 parking firms past 2 years they all pay about the same very low EPC.

P.S. hmmm your income is staggering with rev as much as $21,000 a month or $8,400-mo profit. Your website and domain must be worth a small fortune. Can you give the URL?

•••
That's the good seasons. Bad seasons not so good. It's all hard work and been working on it for 7 straight years. Nothing special to look at.

I think the key is the business model. Parking is basically nothing value-added these days? Yes?

If the domain is in the right hands it may be worth much more.

Or a parking service should be proactively looking for alternative values neglected in a domain rather than just rendering a static links farm. Some AI or sourcing team behind it.

People could be interested in such a service maybe?

It is not a site. Have tried 3 parking firms past 2 years they all pay about the same very low EPC.

P.S. hmmm your income is staggering with rev as much as $21,000 a month or $8,400-mo profit. Your website and domain must be worth a small fortune. Can you give the URL?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back