Domain Empire

information Domaining's "No Liquidity" - How to increase it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

satsdifference.com

Love God Love LifeRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
hello all

Domain Names are virtual assets irrespective of appraisal price action, like gold, you still have it ff the price is lower (unlike stock equities whereby if the price went down, you lost purchasing power on your computer screen)

As a domainer since January 1999, registered hundreds .coms CC, sales for me have been only one and done.
Recently though, been into typo traffic domains after all these years seeing others having had wwwdomains or parked pages' traffic back in the days making duckets..

Today, I'd argue general DotComs' AFTERMARKET are at their best levels yet.. as usual, but other extensions and domain name liquidity leave hard answers to come by still..

So I was into NFT more recently known in crypto as non-fungible tokens; which like domains, each one is unique "exclusive distributorship" usually (can be fractional ownership). - These NFTs can now be wrapped and packaged tradable locked with deposits, wrapped in any NFT, and also each earning interest of a cyrptos' ratio i.e. see @DefiNFT

Can domains be packaged? marketed better? adjoined efforts? bulk/barter trade of domain names also more possible?

What's holding up domaining for so long to hurdle such hindrances? I like epik's creativity more and more and its various new approach finance possibilities..

-have a special day

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do like that word: Liquidity.

It caught my eye immediately. It is the critical issue to solve.

We are doing a few thing at Epik:

- NameLiquidate.com for fast liquidation for domains that are at any registrar, and even if expired.

- DomainEquity.com for secured domain lending using a peer to peer model.

- Masterbucks.com for frictionless payments with lowest fees.

- DomainGraduate.com as free course to bring in new investors who sell to end-users.

- Aggressive appeal to new crypto investors like this that brings fresh capital into the industry, e.g. this week:

A few things I would like to see in 2021:

- I want to see more private auctions -- the ability for any domain to be listed on a private auction without a listing fee, e.g. epik.com/auction/domain -- this is in development now.

- Registrars should allow expedited transfers out - no 5-7 day wait times. This kills velocity for no real reason assuming a registrar does not have a theft problem that is being covered up with sticky tape.

- Masterbucks.com API will be open to domain industry partners, e.g. for parking companies and marketplaces. I would like to see parking companies paying out daily, rather than waiting 45 days.

There is much to be optimistic about for 2021. The glass is certainly more than half full.

•••
•••
YES
I have the same question

•••
hello all

Domain Names are virtual assets irrespective of appraisal price action, like gold, you still have it ff the price is lower (unlike stock equities whereby if the price went down, you lost purchasing power on your computer screen)

As a domainer since January 1999, registered hundreds .coms CC, sales for me have been only one and done.
Recently though, been into typo traffic domains after all these years seeing others having had wwwdomains or parked pages' traffic back in the days making duckets..

Today, I'd argue general DotComs' AFTERMARKET are at their best levels yet.. as usual, but other extensions and domain name liquidity leave hard answers to come by still..

So I was into NFT more recently known in crypto as non-fungible tokens; which like domains, each one is unique "exclusive distributorship" usually (can be fractional ownership). - These NFTs can now be wrapped and packaged tradable locked with deposits, wrapped in any NFT, and also each earning interest of a cyrptos' ratio i.e. see @DefiNFT

Can domains be packaged? marketed better? adjoined efforts? bulk/barter trade of domain names also more possible?

What's holding up domaining for so long to hurdle such hindrances? I like epik's creativity more and more and its various new approach finance possibilities..

-have a special day

just like what I said in the thread
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-is-a-domain-name.1219388/

•••

- NameLiquidate.com for fast liquidation for domains that are at any registrar, and even if expired.

- DomainGraduate.com as free course to bring in new investors who sell to end-users.

- Aggressive appeal to new crypto investors like this that brings fresh capital into the industry, e.g. this week:

- I want to see more private auctions -- the ability for any domain to be listed on a private auction without a listing fee, e.g. epik.com/auction/domain -- this is in development now.

- Registrars should allow expedited transfers out - no 5-7 day wait times. This kills velocity for no real reason assuming a registrar does not have a theft problem that is being covered up with sticky tape.

- Masterbucks.com API will be open to domain industry partners, e.g. for parking companies and marketplaces. I would like to see parking companies paying out daily, rather than waiting 45 days.

There is much to be optimistic about for 2021. The glass is certainly more than half full.
Crushing it. More power to you. I'll get around to creating an account and trying to park a name or two with you soon.

•••
DomainGraduate.com

I was wondering, do you have any sales data from the liquidation auctions? I see a lot of listings, but sellers can't see at all how likely is a sale going to happen there.

•••
sellers can't see at all how likely is a sale going to happen there.

Some stuff sells on NL, most of it probably won't, depends how good the names are and what the reserves are set at. If it doesn't sell at $9 and there's nothing redeeming about the name, then it's probably time to drop it. GD Auctions is no different, actually it's probably harder there despite having more eyes, because there are more names to compete with... also on GD auction, there is a minimum $15 fee, so that really cuts into your profit if you are even lucky enough to sell one.

•••
just like wine, it takes time for the domains to shine. Patience. :)

•••
just look now, if a domain was created in the 90s, boom people want to buy them, well it wont be too long til created in the 00s will be wanted also, as long as they have aged.

•••
"sellers can't see at all how likely is a sale going to happen there."

I don't have any data and stuff, but I'm pretty sure if you post your best domains on name liquidate at a $9 reserve, then there is a 100% chance of selling every one of them.

•••
Good question. Imo it comes down to supply and demand. If someone is selling mainstream crypto or major stock shares, there’s a good amt of sellers and buyers bringing liquidity to the market. With domains, each is unique, with some domainers preferring one extension over another, one topic over another, specific length, etc etc vs uniform crypto coins. This detracts from domain liquidity. Imo, increasing the pool of users who diversify their assets by adding domains as an asset class, would bring more liquidity to the market. In short, more domainers

How to get more domainers? I would think just seeing websites advertised would alone bring in interest, but hasn’t brought liquidity yet.

Last edited:
•••
Domains are illiquid because most investors price them at prices 10-100 times what end users value them (because it is relatively easy to use a different extension, add a word, use an abbreviation, add a hyphen, use a number, etc and acquire a domain for reg fee).

•••
many domains are liquid (4L .com and below). If there is a guarantee of a buyer at any price, then it's liquid. There would be only 2 situations where a domain is illiquid: 1) the seller isn't willing to sell that low; or 2) the domain isn't worth even a reg fee +$9 to other investors.

•••
But do you want to *sell* domains or *liquidate* them?
Some domains are liquid, other aren't, but it's not a problem as long as the portfolio is sustainable.
Liquidity is important if you want to pull out, otherwise is just something to keep in the back of your head.

•••
to increase into need to increase buying budget and spendings

cause money makes money

•••
great insights here, I am a registered sole proprietor social security w' local gov. office here in Somerset, N.J. USA: so i can write it off eventually having been primarily a loner, like, "crypto is not other people's money".
No chapter 11 partners? (filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy and they couldn't give my domains to someone else cause "no liquidity")

Since 1999 domaining, It got better. People somewhat anti-nostalgic saying to me sometimes wow .coms in 90's (if only I had known :) But can't use today's standards then, like who wants to hold something for 20 years of nothing on it - now crypto .coms 2020 ! ..it got better, we got stronger.

I am more conservative at 45, However, on the chatroom, I learned that there are NP collectives here making the most money together adjoined! I decided on team epik because of it (namepros) instead of calling on goDaddy different reps all-the-time. They certainly are My primal partners at first heehaw

-have a special day

•••
hello all

-have a special day

Yes and No. Domaining is a big ocean.

Certain asset classes like L.com , LL.com or LLL.com , N.com, NN.com, NNN.com or NNNN.com are already liquid asset classes. If you list them for auction on any popular market place, the chances of fetching the base price is possible. There is a solid amount of data to prove certain asset classes are 100% liquid.

In the above example , we have referred .com extension as an example, but the similar patterns are selling in other extensions like .net , .org , .co.uk, .de . , .cn , .co, .in..etc ( offcourse couple of proven asset classes in new GTLDs too).

The precursor for any asset class is proven adoption and the demand from end users. Prices has to be based on those fundamentals. An asset class should be valued based on the value its offering / future potential it has, otherwise its leads to pump and dump outcomes.

Similar liquidity is also possible for strong names across extensions, many keyword.com names fetches fair reseller prices in auctions on any given day.

So certain asset classes are clearly proven and its easily possible to make them trade like Cryptos however some more innovation is required , specially collaboration between the top industry players and the fund management companies.

e.g 1:
  • A domain invest company can be setup and collect a lot of top quality names
  • List the company on stock exchanges and make them trade , this could make it easier for masses to buy the stocks not necessarily to worry about knowing the quality.etc
e.g 2:

• A domain invest platform can allow an investor to own to 1/30000 th part of a LLL.com name. Imagine the LLL.com price is 30000 USD. Literally 1 USD to be paid to get 1 part of 30k. When the domain name is sold in future for 60000 usd.. after deducting fund management expenses.. the profit can be passed to the investor.. let say investor may get 1.8 usd when the name sells..

We do have a lot of such ideas to explore and implement. Being a small start-up we have our own hurdles and challenges at moment , but certainly one day we are optimisitc we contribute back to the industry some form or shape.

Apart from that there are huge amount of extensions released by ICANN ( some of them are succeeded and some of them are mere garbage at moment), so a lot of extensions has to still pass the adoption test. Often domainers take the bet on future potential , its similar to altcoins in crypto. Obviously some of them will emerge as victorious and many will loose in the process.

Domaining is not get quick rich scheme. It need a lot of patience and a lot of hard / creative work to succeed. If anyone trying to convert these unproven extensions to liquid classes may burn their fingers.

•••
somepeople, some times, less means more. I make the most mistakes if not all - i heal my knowledge, domaining attractive if keen to low-entry hand regz.. IMO .coms only and rising terms - the marketing of them is a challenge, obviously sunk costs but we're fishing for the big one hand reg that's out there..

wealth is health, i tell my mom that i want her dna catered to based off my website knowledge of 10 years at biomedicalgerontology.com that's why, i'm into traffic/domains and my crypto non-fungible leads..

greed leads to poverty, and domaining can accrue all-or-nothing types like I have the principled tendency..
what if the rich didn't focus mostly on aftermarket but hired hand regz hehehe - got from epik wwwaajtak.in
#4 correct spelling in india's ranked traffic of 1.45 billion people!

look at this 79 cents (for sale $xxx-xx,xxx timely)

193918_674474045d1d647f2cb537fe8187cd67.png

have a special day,
143-76-5719

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 7.06.58 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 7.06.58 AM.png
    130 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
•••

garptrader i deemed it unprofessional in domaining to give the first quote: my statement seems to always come back to inbounds: "Send best bids anytime to [email protected] and will sell to highest bidder timely"

I sold internationalflights.com to a guy that later willing to pay alot more for a lesser situation and actually emailed me to email the guy's "no answer" to him.

Basically, in the driver's seat, you make the first offer if yous really want because the domain name owners' nightmare is to sell it for x,xxx when could have gotten from the same persons' deep purse $xx,xxx-xxx,xxx etc.

-have a special day

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back