Dynadot

Domains at a specified IP address ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

how do you find domains that are hosted at a specified IP address?

This page: whois.webhosting.info does it. How do they do that?

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The data on webhosting.info is not accurate. The last time I looked, it was over 3 million domains in error on the .com domain count alone.

The theory is quite simple. Take the zone file for .com/net/org etc and then check the IP for each website. Then create a table of IPs and domain names from this data. In reality it takes a while to map each website as there are just over 130 million gTLD domain names to be checked.

Regards...jmcc

•••
depending on the configuration of the dns server on the server you may be able to get a list of domains that it holds zone files for by querying it.

•••
The theory is quite simple. Take the zone file for .com/net/org etc and then check the IP for each website.

Thanks for this.

I thought they'd be a way of doing it without checking each domain in turn, much like Peter is suggesting.

It would be like painting the Forth Bridge (does that phrase work outside the UK?) no sooner would you have finished than you'd have to start again looking for the domains with changed IP addresses.

Peter: can you point me to more details on this?

Thank you,

Mike

•••
My website ipneighbor.com does what you are describing.
And is updated every month and a half.
That's about how long it takes to get all .com .net .org .us .biz .info top level domain IP Addresses.

•••
Please go to phamducnguyen.com/ip and submit one domain name you want to find the others

•••
You can also try this in bing:

ip:xx.xx.xx.xx

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back