NameSilo

Domains names with numbers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
No offence to anyone, but I just don't like domain names with numbers in them... for example ros3.net, tak3n.net and so on... :P

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those are names teens get.. these are professionals...

•••
i think they are cool.. but sometimes annoying.. like a domain name with too many numbers that bothers me! lol

•••
domains with numbers are honestly worthless..on many occassions however there is a good use for example..you are selling clothes and you want to get into dmoz's directory..your best bet is to get a domain with 1clothing.com so you can be listed on top..thats the only reason people go with numbers..good luck :)

•••
i love domainnames like tak3n, ros3, secretlov3 and red-str1pes =) but names like p1nkn355 and fr34k13 are annoying...

•••
One number is OK, but the ones with all the "L337" crap annoy me =P

•••
it shouldn't matter what you name yoru domain as long as you know hwo to use it

•••
numbers are getting annoying. no offence to anyone. it's just overused now. it was a trend and it's died now. sometimes i can tolerate them but most of the time i can't.

•••
Coming from a teen, I don't like them either.. it's rather childish, change an "E" to a "3".. ha! Great concept!

•••
I'm from Nova. *people stare at username* I like numbers, but not overused, like 1337 speak.

•••
Originally posted by lifemovie
Coming from a teen, I don't like them either.. it's rather childish, change an "E" to a "3".. ha! Great concept!

exactly! lol

•••
I like it if it's like clothing4less.com or people2people.net but when it get's like b13551ng.net I don't like it.

•••
i agree completely with corey... if it's for a professional site it's fine. but lots of numbers for personal sites is overused now.

•••
That whole *leet* thing is so over. I really dont like those domain names

•••
i hate them they look weird

•••
Well I think you guys are looking at the wrong kind of domains. Those l33t h4x0r3r type of domains are worthless..they were worthless and I am sure they will be worthless..the kind of domains with numbers that still exist today are for example 1media.com 0-media.com a1notes.com etc..these are the ones that are still valueable based on how rich a keyword is..the popularity of it..and then perhaps by adding a 1 or number with hypen can change things..specially in directory listings, search engines (some not all)..Hope this helps.

good luck

•••
The only number domain name I like is g33k.net. the ONLY one.

•••
Originally posted by Corey
I like it if it's like clothing4less.com or people2people.net but when it get's like b13551ng.net I don't like it.

Heh...I see you picked up clothing4less.net today ;)

•••
I've sold more than 350 3-char .com / .net domains, directly, on forums & on eBay. These don't fall in the category mentioned above, where 3 substitutes E, 5 instead of S etc.

The bottom line: it doesn't matter what one likes or not, as long as there are buyers for it :)

•••
Originally posted by timechange.com
I've sold more than 350 3-char .com / .net domains, directly, on forums & on eBay. These don't fall in the category mentioned above, where 3 substitutes E, 5 instead of S etc.

The bottom line: it doesn't matter what one likes or not, as long as there are buyers for it :)

Agree

•••
Originally posted by Kate
One number is OK, but the ones with all the "L337" crap annoy me =P

yeah, I agree with that..my old domainname was w1th-me lool :P

•••
Personally I don't really like them, mainly because they're harder to remember. At least for me. ;)

•••
I thinki numbers are SO annoying iof you have more then 1 in a domain name. Like if your site was 147a.com, I'd NEVER visit, the name's gotta impress

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back