IT.COM

Dynadot forcing me to pay extra for a backordered domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VaibhavA

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I backordered an expiring .org domain at dynadot today. It was showing 9.99$ at the time of backorder. I have recently won few backorders at dynadot for expiring .org domains at 9.99$ and paid the same.

Today Dynadot caught the domain and created an invoice of 16.99$ and now forcing me to pay the same.

Even after my repeatedly telling them they are forcing me to pay 16.99$.

I also tried to place a backorder for tomorrows .org domain immediately after receiving the invoice of 16.99$, at that time also it was showing a backorder of 9.99$, so, i took a screenshot and sent to them and also attaching here for everyones reference.

But their cc is inconsiderate of whatever i am saying.

Here is the ticket that I created.

upload_2017-7-8_3-21-6.png

Here is the screenshot of my Ticket response from Dynadot. Read from bottom up.

upload_2017-7-8_3-23-0.png

Here is what it was showing me for tomorrows .org backorder amount - 9.99$.

Dynadot Org Backorder Amount.jpg

Instead of correcting their mistake, they are forcing me to pay extra.

Its not a matter of 7$ for me. Its the way they they are treating their 1 year old customer.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait, let me get this straight, they displayed a $9 price on their home page, said it's a mistake, and forcing you to pay $16, AND on top of that when you complained they threaten you with a ban? This is NOT how doing business in good faith should be done, period.

•••
•••
Wait, let me get this straight, they displayed a $9 price on their home page, said it's a mistake, and forcing you to pay $16, AND on top of that when you complained they threaten you with a ban? This is NOT how doing business in good faith should be done, period.

Yes, backorder displayed 9.99$ and I was forced to pay 16.99$ or face ban.

I chose to pay 16.99$ and provide all the proof publicly.

•••
Yes, backorder displayed 9.99$ and I was forced to pay 16.99$ or face ban.

I chose to pay 16.99$ and provide all the proof publicly.
Pragmatic move and I don't blame you but NOT a smart move on Dynadot's part. Don't worry man, businesses rise and fall based on how they treat their customers. I know what *I* would do afterwards.

•••
If you're unable to resolve it diplomatically, try filing a report with the Better Business Bureau for false advertising. It sounds like the support representative was aware of the issue but didn't have the authority to override the price. BBB reports are usually handled by people capable of making changes.

•••
If you're unable to resolve it diplomatically, try filing a report with the Better Business Bureau for false advertising. It sounds like the support representative was aware of the issue but didn't have the authority to override the price. BBB reports are usually handled by people capable of making changes.
That's a good idea. It's been awhile but BBB has been pretty good to me in resolving issues.

•••
@VaibhavA Our sincere apologies for the late response. Would you please email your order number or Ticket ID to [email protected]? I'd love the opportunity to review the situation in full. I am certain we can reach an amicable resolution.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back