NameSilo

'Emo' Scene affects teenagers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Janine

NamePros MemberVIP Member
Impact
First of all, We need to get Teen Zone active again. =]

Well, Nowadays MANY of the teenagers are like into being emotional.
they are influenced from Emo Music.

What are your reactions to this?
:p

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i remember when nobody had even heard of the word "emo"...

the only people that really knew were the punk/ska/indierock kids.. amazing the effect the internet has.

•••
mjnels said:
i remember when nobody had even heard of the word "emo"...

the only people that really knew were the punk/ska/indierock kids.. amazing the effect the internet has.

Yeah. Lawl.
Most of the kids here are into hardcore and punk.

but now, I see boys with skinny jeans/ tight shirt walking on the street.
ROFL

•••
I'm still not fully sure what emo is...

I have been called an emo before for my musical tastes - apparently listening to Arch Enemy makes me an emo.

Last edited:
•••
Some music I listen to is emo but I don't follow the trend of hair / tight tops

•••
James said:
but I don't follow the trend of hair / tight tops
probably best. :xf.love:

I listen to emo music.. indie music.. anything.
Isn't everything in life emotional?

The number of people wearing skinny jeans and tight tops is growing though.

•••
Joe said:
Isn't everything in life emotional?
Agreed.

I was meant to say, I don't wear skinny legs either aswell.

:xf.love:

•••
isn't it cute to see boys following this kind of trend?
i mean boys + skinny jeans + nice hair = hotness
lol

•••
JanineXD said:
isn't it cute to see boys following this kind of trend?
i mean boys + skinny jeans + nice hair = hotness
lol
I don't like boys, so no.

•••
I have a huge problem against "emos". They are usually the kids, atleast in my area, that cut their wrists, cry, etc. They take life way too damn seriously, and have no way of taking problems the right way, so I have no respect for them really. But I have met a few that were pretty cool - I think they call them scene kids, not too sure.

•••
DebacleX said:
I have a huge problem against "emos". They are usually the kids, atleast in my area, that cut their wrists, cry, etc. They take life way too damn seriously, and have no way of taking problems the right way, so I have no respect for them really. But I have met a few that were pretty cool - I think they call them scene kids, not too sure.

Yes, Emo kids and Scene kids has similarities but they are different.
cutting wrists = emo
pure fashion = scene

am I right?

James said:
I don't like boys, so no.

ROFL.

•••
I think the people stereotype what a scene is too much.

cutting wrists = you need help.

emo and scene are the same. They're both about the horrible clothes.

kthx.

•••
James said:
I think the people stereotype what a scene is too much.

cutting wrists = you need help.

emo and scene are the same. They're both about the horrible clothes.

kthx.

I agree.

Cutting doesn't put you in either one of those.
It should put you in counseling, or something similar.

•••
Real emo's are just weird. Scene kids are hot. Despite this I try not to stereotype people. I dress sceney but not over the top, I like metal, rap, rnb, indie, punk, dance w/e. People can be who they want as long as they don't force anything upon me. The only people I don't like are people who deliberately try to be different and put effort into it; especially people who lie to appear different. And people who go waaaaay out of their way to find 'Original' music... get over it, popular music is usually popular for a reason.

Besides, It's not original to be original anymore so suck on that irony

•••
Tomi-gwc said:
Besides, It's not original to be original anymore so suck on that irony

:lol:

That little quote there made my dad.

•••
I demand you reference the quote in your signature to moi! lol j/k ;p

So true though isn't it.

•••
I really hate the whole "emo" and "scene" thing. It's very annoying when you are growing up and you notice all of these different trends and how gullible people are to following them. Most of the time, people do it for the attention, which pisses me off. I really try not judge people for what they dress and listen to, but it's just really annoying when the majority of kids wear the same clothes and listen to practically the same music.

Whenever I am coming home from school, I see the Junior high kids, and so fuxxing many of them are wearing skin-tight jeans and other apparel that is popular with "emo" and "scene" kids.

A lot of the shirts and other clothes I see with designs on them do look very interesting and original in their own sense. Same with "emo" or "scene" music. I can only say the part about it being interesting because whenever I go to shows to listen to local bands and whenever I hear songs from some new bands, they almost ALL sound the same, with the annoying voice whining and then screaming.

Everyone jokes about "emo" kids cutting themselves and whatnot, but I rarely see anyone who actually does. For the people who actually do, I wouldn't just blame it on them being "emo"; they have serious problems and should seek help.

I know that most of the people who try to be trendy aren't just useless people who just listen to (mostly) crappy music and "cut themselves," and they have lives of their own where what they wear and what they listen to don't matter. I try to rid myself of stereotyping individuals.

Stereotyping is really annoying, even though I sometimes take part in it. People who seriously believe many of these stereotypes need to quit being ignorant and take real look at the people they stereotype.

To sum up my rant, I don't necessarily dislike "emo" or "scene" kids; I just find that a lot of them try too hard to fit in with the current trend and don't want to be a social outcast.

There is far more I would like to talk about, but I don't mean to be "that guy" in forums who make big posts :P

•••
Tomi-gwc said:
And people who go waaaaay out of their way to find 'Original' music... get over it, popular music is usually popular for a reason.
I strongly disagree. I like rap and find that the unsigned guys have better music then the popular ones. Something being popular doesn't mean its good, in fact its usually the opposite, exactly why democracy fails.

•••
I have found that really unpopular music is usually bad, slightly popular but still pretty unknown music is usually brilliant, and incredibly popular music is almost always rubbish.
I call this "Michael's Music Theorem" :p

•••
Barrucadu said:
I have found that really unpopular music is usually bad, slightly popular but still pretty unknown music is usually brilliant, and incredibly popular music is almost always rubbish.
I call this "Michael's Music Theorem" :p
Sounds pretty acurate to me :p

•••
Around here emo kids get beat up.. lol.

•••
I wear tank tops when I'm working out, I'm not emo am I? :o

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back