Dynadot

news Engage - From .com to .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"ThinkEngage.com" was a sort of not great domain name.

If the company could have owned "Engage.com," I don't think in a thousand years, that they would have moved to a XYZ.

It just points out again one of the main selling points of nGTLDs in general. That if the .com is not available you can easily grab it in the nGTLD of your choice! Though I would not have picked xyz.

I guess it could be likely that someone at the company read a news story about Google or Facebook using XYZ as a one time thing and decided to copy. If the company were more savvy they likely would have gone for .Tech or something else that better fits their business niche or even something catchy.

•••
Great news! ThinkEngage.com vs. engage.xyz... hmmmm... lol

Betcha there is going to be people spouting off about leaks :)

@brandnow, what do you think about .tech or .technology? .tech is better because is shorter?

•••
So this is intended to show people that one person made a leap and there is a possibility for others to do it as well? I mean any new extension crappy or good some company always makes a jump. Don't mean thousands wont be lost registering domains people think might get attention. It's possible to do it but look around people have hard enough times selling a dot com these days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back