NameSilo

Enom or PIR?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I had 2 names pushed into my enom account last month ..a dot.org and a dot.info..both of which i do have control of..the dot.info whois is correct at both enom and afilias but the dot.org is only correct at enom..PIR still has the prior registrant listed in the whois..in fact it was a email from sedo requesting verification from the admin. that brought my attention to it..PIR whois searchpage has "Note: For authoritative contacts, please visit the WHOIS of the sponsoring registrar."Is this a enom or PIR issue??
According to enom's help section"Note: while your updates will be reflected in the eNom whois usually within minutes, it can take external websites up to 48 hours to update their whois database."
jim

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
enom bug. I had a few names like that(one .us and one .biz) although enom's system showed it correct, the registry showed the original record. It is one of many enom "features". You need to contact them so they manually force a refresh.

•••
•••
update

Update ... my enom account was set up(by me) without the Organization ,Your Role/Title or Fax #, when the . org was pushed in enom accepted it but PIR rejected it because of the missing information,even after i filled in this info PIR still showed the old registrant info so I set a new enom and pushed it there and all is well.Just wanted to share this experience.
regards,
jim

•••
Originally posted by dotBIZ
Update ... my enom account was set up(by me) without the Organization ,Your Role/Title or Fax #, when the . org was pushed in enom accepted it but PIR rejected it because of the missing information,even after i filled in this info PIR still showed the old registrant info so I set a new enom and pushed it there and all is well.Just wanted to share this experience.
regards,
jim

Interesting, and good to know!

I wonder who was technically the owner of the domain during this time of dual whois info?

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Interesting, and good to know!

I wonder who was technically the owner of the domain during this time of dual whois info?

Being I had control of the name..admin,dns.etc I imagine I was the owner...but stranger things have been known to happen..Other than the notification from sedo I wouldn't even of thought of checking PIR's whois.
lesson learned :)
regards,
jim

•••
WOW, i will be careful of this...

•••
•••
That is why I stopped using ENOM.

•••
Originally posted by holeinone
That is why I stopped using ENOM.

Just another enom "feature"

:D

•••
You know, you guys in the chat room were sure critical of Wild West Domains (Go Daddy Reseller Registrar), but I have never had a problem, and I suspect that I have more names than most of you (in the thousands of names).

The interface works perfectly and is totally error-free. The cost is A LOT LESS than eNom or anybody else, especially at my net buy rate.

Before I created HostingDude.com domain name sales reseller branch with Wild West (it's always been a local hosting company), I had (and still have) many names registered with GoDaddy. And I never had problems with GoDaddy's interface.

I also like the fact that my customers get 24/7 support. eNom provides nothing like that at all. You support your customers. And eNom requires up-front block purchases of domain name registration credits. And even at those prices, eNom is A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE than my Wild West reseller nets.

Say what you want, but I've found that Wild West is cheaper. If any of you want to sample the net prices, set up a free account on HostingDude.com and I'll enable your account to pay my net cost for a month to try it with a few names, or with a hundred.

•••
Try Directi it is much better.
And the support is good too.

•••
Originally posted by hostingdude

I also like the fact that my customers get 24/7 support. eNom provides nothing like that at all. You support your customers. And eNom requires up-front block purchases of domain name registration credits. And even at those prices, eNom is A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE than my Wild West reseller nets.
[/B]

enom has it's share of issues, having been a former WWD reseller I can attest that enom is significantly better than WWD anyday of the week even with it's flaws

•••
Happened to me once.
But was easily solved

•••
WWD, do they have same interface as go daddy?. If they do why the heck cant you push domains to one another?

Would that me, being under a WWD reseller cant push to a normal WWD customer?

•••
They do have a very similar interface with just a few differences. Mostly, our net pricing to register domain name and other services is below GD's price so we can beat them on the price of virtually every service.

But, they're different registrars, so technically, if you want to transfer domain names a transfer must be made, and this generates an expense for them with the TLD registrar of record. Thus they require that it be done at fee, but, with a year of renewal included as you might expect.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back