Dynadot

Enom Reseller $6,95 with PDQ

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm thinking about buying an enom reseller account with PDQ.

I would like to ask for the opinions of Pros with experience if this is a good choice or if there are better options out there.

Also every advice about what to pay special attention to before closing the deal is highly welcome.

Calling all active and former enom ressellers to share their experiences !!!

Sideline question: Anybody out there who actually knows what PDQ means?

Thanks a lot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This should be an interesting thread. I too would like to have some info on it

•••
yeah, i wouldent mind some info too. ive heard of some people getting some weird domains slitely cheeper. do they negotiote much with there prices?

•••
I have 2 reseller accounts. These accounts are direct to ETP/NeedName.Com, no middleman resellers.

Sale1 - $6.99 for .com .net .org price is $199
Sale2 - $6.95 for .com .net .org price is $250

$8.95 .us .biz .info

These are very limited account only. First come first serve. Post SOLD to claim and send paypal payment to billing at]needname.com.

Cheers,
Em

To answer sleepy questions.

You need a reseller account to use the PDQ service which you pay $99 annually for maintenance. The API is free if you know how to program using ASP or PHP. The other merchant tool is RocketRegistry, very straight forward domain registration service. I highly recommend having PDQ because you are protected to any FRAUD transaction in domain name. Enom will not charge you against fraud/stolen card domain registration.

We had used PDQ since it was introduce to the market, so far so good. I don't have to worry of the server being patch or upgrade.

Now regarding reseller account. If you go direct to Enom, you will be able to get princing of $8.95 reseller account for the price of $495 or $6.95 for the price of $6,950. If you have the money go for it. But if you just new to domain business, we have experienced resellers that offer sub-reseller without any setup fee. Most resellers had scripts that you can create instant reseller account.

If you have other question, please don't hesitate to send me pm or email.

Regards,
Em

Originally posted by sleepy

Sideline question: Anybody out there who actually knows what PDQ means?

Thanks a lot

This was defined from enom site:

PDQ is a full featured customizable e-commerce website. It is designed as a powerful tool to sell domain names. You give your site a name, set a color scheme, upload a logo (or not), and set the pricing. We take care of the website hosting, merchant processing and all other eNom services.

In my rookie year in Technology way back in the mid 90's. We use PDQ accronyms of "pretty darn quick".

Hey! I just thought that I should share it.
Cheers,
Em

Last edited:
•••
The enom reseller account is a good choice but I would pass on the PDQ. Might want to look into Drams

•••
I got a enom 6.95 and I love it :D

•••
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I have 2 reseller accounts. These accounts are direct to ETP/NeedName.Com, no middleman resellers.

Sale1 - $6.99 for .com .net .org price is $199
Sale2 - $6.95 for .com .net .org price is $250

Hi Watcher,
thanks for the comprehensive explanations. At the moment I have just these additional questions:
1. Are there other differences between the 2 accounts you offer beside the 6.95/6.99? The difference of $51 for just $0.04 seems very high to me.
2. What are the differences between the $6,95 account direct from Enom and the $6,95 account from you. What do they give me for the 4.000+ bucks what you don't give?
3. Will I be able to recruit resellers by myself?

Thanks a lot again. :blink:

Originally posted by .edu
... Might want to look into Drams

What the heck is Drams ?

Last edited:
•••
Enom require you to deposit $6,950 to get the 6.95 reseller account and you are direct to enom.

You -> Enom -> Your clients retails or resellers.

When you buy the reseller from us (ETP) Enom Technology Partner. You are not require to deposit $6,950 for $6.95 reseller account.

You -> NeedName.Com -> Enom -> Your clients retails or resellers.

Both reseller accounts function the same way. We are not new in domain name business, we have hundreds of reseller under our ETP/NeedName.Com account. We maintain long term business relationship to our clients.

If you are just starting in domain name business, why spend more if you can check the water first. If you think, the business is right for you. Then you may decide to go direct to Enom and purchase the $6,950. You can easily push your domains from your needname.com account to enom account.

Regarding DRAM, this is a template using enom API. I bought this early this year but not able to implement because my existing clients need to re-create account under DRAM database. You have to buy it too. The advantage of DRAM is you can integrate the hosting buying process. My business did not require this kind of modification and I want to retain my client existing accounts resellers/retails. So I want simple template and can be modified too, I choose PDQ which cost me $99 annually. See www.needname.com slightly modified template.

I hope I was able to provide you accurate answers. If you think the reseller price is high for you. Some other members still selling resellers account. I only recommend that you do background check, make sure that you know your ETP partner and you should be ok. Anyway, we have this friendly forum to ask questions and advises.

Best regards and good luck to you,
Em

Operations Manager, NeedName.Com
www.needname.com

Additional advantage of PDQ, you don't have to worry about hosting your website or applying security patches. This is part of the package of PDQ service. Though DRAMS, you can customize it and don't forget to install SSL for secure authentication. Meaning you have to include hosting cost and maintenance when you use DRAM template.

•••
Coming from another Enom Technology Partner, I would recommend PDQ. I love it. However, I also focus more on signing up resellers than I do domain name registrations from the average "joe' who comes across one of my links. There is a ton of competition in the registration side of the business, with very deep pockets for advertising. Depending upon the number of domain names you or your clients plan to register for resell or other use, you may find it best to go with a standard $8.95 reseller account which most people will be willing to offer you at no charge. When I started in this business, I used an $8.95 Enom Reseller account for quite some time. Over time, as my business grew and I actually began to see nice profits, then I used some of that revenue to fund my own direct ETP account through enom. I would not advise spending the $6,950 or even the $495 for the direct enom account at this point. If you need $6.95 pricing the I would go with one the the needname.com accounts that NP member "THEWATCHER" has to offer. If you do not plan to register alot of names from the start, then an $8.95 enom account would suffice and you can alot that $199.00+ to domain name registrations for resell. Hope this helps.

•••
•••
Originally posted by TheWatcher

If you are just starting in domain name business, why spend more if you can check the water first. If you think, the business is right for you. Then you may decide to go direct to Enom and purchase the $6,950.
Absolutely true. But for my general understanding of the business as a whole it would be very interesting to know what are the advantages of being an ETP directly with Enom compared to a $6,95 reseller with an ETP like you.

PDQ, Dram is much clearer now for me. Thanks a lot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back