NameSilo

domain eSlatepc.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
First of all Id like to say hi to everybody coz i am new in here.

Secondly im asking you to appraise mine domain eSlatePc.com
SlatePC is the cathergory of computers which contains tablets (they are said to be popular in 2010, we will see)

Post your opinions

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, and welcome to Namepros.

Sorry for the disappointing intro, but your domain is worthless if Hewlett Packard have trademarked this product.
I would do a trademark search for the term ' slate pc ' and would also advise you not to monetize the domain until you check.
Good luck.

•••
i think its not their trade mark, its just a word like notebook. if its not, how much can the domain be worth suppousingly that the slatepc market will grow

•••
I'm sorry but it's worthless, not because the name is worthless per se, but because no one would spend any money on a domain that they may lose from one moment to the next.

•••
Slate is generic. There are several companies with Slate computers and its really nothing new. Its just now getting popular. Here is a shameless plug. check out my new site buyaslate.net it has a lot of news and videos about slate computing in general. I would say your name is just as legal as enetbook.com

•••
Slate is generic. There are several companies with Slate computers and its really nothing new. Its just now getting popular. Here is a shameless plug. check out my new site buyaslate.net it has a lot of news and videos about slate computing in general. I would say your name is just as legal as enetbook.com

Seems that Apple holds several Tm's in this area including ' islate '

•••
I am of the "trademark violation" side of the equation.....and it would be hard to argue otherwise, really.

•••
ESLatEPC.com :English as a second language at Edgewater Presbyterian Church could be worth something to the right buyer. I'd hold out for mid xxx.

•••
ESLatEPC.com :English as a second language at Edgewater Presbyterian Church could be worth something to the right buyer. I'd hold out for mid xxx.

Rather thin. Are the WIPO people so easy to hoodwink ?
Both posters already have their intended usage documented.

•••
Rather thin. Are the WIPO people so easy to hoodwink ?
Both posters already have their intended usage documented.

Don't want to take up too much time with this but intended usage is akin to thought crime. Reverse domain hijacking attempts are abundant. I don't know who" WIPO people" are, per se, however if you're concerned maybe I should be as well? Please advise....

•••
They are a bit like x-men, without the violence.

•••
•••
There is a good article about all of the "slate" pc's that were just announced. You guys are so fired up about TM issues but it is unwarranted.

Drowning in the CES Pool of Slate PCs

•••
•••
Its like iPhone. They dont own a TM on phone. Last week at CES 2010 everyone and their brother displayed their new slate PC's

Just look at this article from cnet.com. Slate-mania grips PC makers | CES 2010 - CNET

I quote "Call them tablets or slates, but companies at CES seem obsessed with showing off the possibilities of PCs stripped of their keyboards and touch pads. These slate devices are essentially handheld screens that do some or most of what your laptop does, but with touch controls and, often, 3G data access. "

It talks about the HP Slate PC, the Dell Slate PC check out the reuters link--> ( Dell displays small slate computer, runs Android | Reuters ), the Lenovo Hybrid slate etc. (which looks cool)

Apple is just putting the "i" on an existing sub category of PC.

Anyways I don't care if you understand it or not. I don't appreciate the "Reverse domain hijacking attempts " comments. I am just trying to bring some facts to the fear mongering.

•••
We will all have to wait until Apple releases their islate, ( which when you think about it, fits well with their ipod and iphone) if that is what they decide to call it. I just provided you with information about a possible Tm issue. Apple will more than likely have most variations covered for computer related stuff. They do their job well. If it does turn out to be generic, then I wish you good luck.

•••
Thanks exsedo. I understand your first thoughts. We would not be having the same discussion if I or macjous regged a name that had "iSlate" in it. That would clearly be a TM issue.

•••
HP does have a trademark on SlatePC, check for yourself.................

•••
Say it aloud: eSlatePC dot com

It doesn't necessarily have a good ring to it. I wouldn't claim it were memorable.

In regards to possible trademark infringement, I will not give my thoughts on as I am not an attorney.

Is it valuable beyond the initial investment? Perhaps, but I wouldn't gamble my money on it.

•••
I did a TM search and all I found was this:

Word Mark SAHARA SLATE PC
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: computers, namely tablet PC's. FIRST USE: 20031200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20031200
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 76613043
Filing Date September 20, 2004
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A;1B
Published for Opposition June 13, 2006
Registration Number 3252650
Registration Date June 19, 2007
Owner (REGISTRANT) Sand Dune Ventures, Inc. CORPORATION FLORIDA 2629 Manhattan Avenue, #319 Hermosa Beach CALIFORNIA 90254
Attorney of Record John Cyril Malloy, III
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "SLATE PC" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

•••
•••
I did a TM search and all I found was this:

Word Mark SAHARA SLATE PC
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: computers, namely tablet PC's. FIRST USE: 20031200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20031200
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 76613043
Filing Date September 20, 2004
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A;1B
Published for Opposition June 13, 2006
Registration Number 3252650
Registration Date June 19, 2007
Owner (REGISTRANT) Sand Dune Ventures, Inc. CORPORATION FLORIDA 2629 Manhattan Avenue, #319 Hermosa Beach CALIFORNIA 90254
Attorney of Record John Cyril Malloy, III
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "SLATE PC" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Read this.

Apple’s New Tablet To Be Baptized iSlate? Let’s Dig A Little Deeper

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back