IT.COM

.net eSports.net sold for $50,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gian

Domain Search EngineEstablished Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just feel "progamer" is a general term slaped on a keyboard or a monitor brand as a sidenote, not a brand. Only if there is a company that makes it into a brand and then gives a better offer, or if there was a big market for proffesional players. Though 25k was nice offer, maybe I'm older so I don't belive that proffesional gamers will have a market like soccer or basketball players in next 20 years.
Yes there is esports evolving but its like one club in every major city. Soccer and basketball have 10-20 clubs in every major city with different league strength.

How about you keep your "feelings" out of it and look at some data. Honestly, you're ignorance is making me FEEL a tad annoyed.

•••
I appreciate what you're saying in regards to eSports, but it's a little misguided.

eSports is still in it's infancy, and it's already been projected to overtake the NFL in regards to revenues. Within 5-10 years I'm sure we'll see that happen. European Football (Soccer) is a different beast, but I can see it being their main competitor in the future with regards to market share.

Remember - eSports is the fastest growing spectator sport on the planet, with incredible growth year-on-year. Major cities don't have one team, they have many many teams. The players are making incredible salaries. And competition prize funds are astonishing. This has all the trademarks of a growth industry.

That is true for the wealthy countries - US, Canada, UK, France, Germany... I do follow up a bit on eSports. Recently the streaming right to broadcast League of Legends (for example) have been sold to BAMTech - the company that has rights to Major League Baseball and and Disney streaming. Riot expects revenue of around 300mil$ up to 2023. Having that in mind eSports.net was sold underprice.

@internet brands - I would appreciate honest discussion, I see you joined namepros a month ago hence your lack of patience for exchange of opinion.

•••
After few months ESports.com is live. They hope to building largest esports community in te world, but... what is interesting the domain was sold for 7 figures:

https://www.inc.com/darren-heitner/...luable-domain-he-purchased-for-7-figures.html

eSports becomes huge and for me domain eSports.net was sold for cheap. eSports.com is under construction and I hope will be live asap.
I am from Poland and I see evolution of ESports events Intel Extreme Masters in Katowice since 11 years.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back