Dynadot

Ever have an affiliate account disappear for no reason?

Spaceship
Watch
It just happened to me. At around this time each month, I usually log-in to some of my affiliate programs to look up my stats/earnings, etc.

Just tried logging into one, and it said my account was not found.

Sent an email to support, and they couldn't find my account either...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just happened to me recently because Moniker seems to have shut down their affiliate program with no notification.

•••
Knock on wood I haven't, but UGH!!!!!

Independent program, I assume?

You wouldn't happen to have any downloaded earnings reports, records of prior payments or proof of communication ("welcome to our affiliate program"), would you?

If I thought there was significant loss of earnings, I'd be mighty pissed (and if they didn't resolve it to my satisfaction, I'd be relating my experience to warn others.)

•••
It was another registrar, Direct Nic.

I was persistent and kept sending their support emails.

Telling them again that I indeed had an account there for their affiliate program and gave them my username, they reply and tell me they deleted all accounts this summer that had no domains in it.

Emailed them again asking about my affiliate account.

They reply again telling me the accounts were deleted and to just create a new one. (!!??)

Now why would I do that after what you just told me about deleting my account. So I again ask them what happened to my stats and any possible earnings?

I think they then realized they F'd up majorly - by nuking what they thought were dormant accounts, they also nuked any affiliates who may not necessarily have domains with them.

No reply for about a week, and then they send me an email telling me my account had been restored.

Regardless, I'm not really left with a good feeling about them.

•••
just happened to me recently because Moniker seems to have shut down their affiliate program with no notification.

I can't log in either to moniker. The idea is that they moved their program to a new platform ( my opinion ). The interesting part is that I received the money made with them with the account that is not there anymore!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back