Dynadot

Domain Cost Club Feedback/Risk

NameSilo
Watch

pcfreak30

Impact
Hello, I have recently started experimenting with domaincostclub.com. However my research took me to this forum and what seems to still be a TOS policy that they can charge an admin fee of any size on transfer out if they decide to do so.

I have only a few domains moved there so far and am re-considering investing more money in migrations based on that.

I am looking for any feedback or to see if this community is aware of them ever actually enforcing that rule and acting in bad faith to a customer by extorting.

Obviously... trying to save some money isn't worth the risk of highway robbery 🙃, but interested to see if they have ever actually tried to pull a stunt.

If they have.. they cleaned the SEO for it as I cannot find really any recent chatter about them good or bad. They are just... there?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm interested in buying a domain from them and googled their reputation, which is how I found this post.

Their TOS indeed say "Registrant agrees that transfer of a domain name away from DCC to another registration service provider may be subject to an administrative transfer fee determined in the sole discretion of DCC."

That's indeed odd and needs clarification.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back