IT.COM

Facebooks Like Button Vs Googles Circles Button

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Facebooks Like Button Vs Googles Circles Button will ppl start jumping ship to Googles Circles and will the Circles Button be as popular as the Like Button?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
google circles? don't you mean google +1? I don't think people will give up facebook like for google +1. They will most likely use both options as both of them generate a lot of traffic.

•••
Google is much more universal than FB as far as audience, and is likely to outlive FB. I think your premise is absolutely correct. But then again, why not both?

•••
Google doesn't do anything right except for search. Everything else is second rate. So no, it has no chance of topping the Like button.

•••
google tried a few times in the past. since facebook is the first, it is hard for the users to move from facebook to google.

•••
Don't forget that if someone clicks google +1 button, he must be logged in on google.
Facebook doesn't require it.

•••
Facebook is more more popular these days. However I suppose there is no competition between them - using both will give you as much traffic as it is possible for the certain site.

•••
From Google Wave, Orkut to Buzz, now circle ? Lets see how long it could last

•••
This kind of reminds me of a like button in Facebook to let your friends know they should check this out. Wonder how much weight Google will give this in search.

•••
Just saw where Google plus will have Stream Button, Huddle Button, Sparks Button,Hangout Button,

•••
And in the feature, in my opinion, the big G may use these +1 clicks as an another parameter of the ranking algorithm they have.

BTW, I've just read that the most followed man on the Googles Circles is... Mark Elliot Zuckerberg :) With 34,759 followers.

The second one is Larry Page with 23,633 followers.

http://socialstatistics.com/

:)

Also, it seems that the domain 'socialstatistics.com' sold recently for 1500$.

Last edited:
•••
Think for now facebook is more preferred however I believe there's a reason using both.

•••
Google doesn't do anything right except for search. Everything else is second rate. So no, it has no chance of topping the Like button.
Don't forget Mail! Google Mail/Gmail is terrific.

•••
Don't forget that if someone clicks google +1 button, he must be logged in on google.
Facebook doesn't require it.

Yes it does, otherwise it wouldn't know which account to apply the "Like" to?

If you're not logged in to Facebook when you click a "Like" button, it asks you to log in.

•••
Facebook like is much better, More traffic comes from it. In future google +1 can move to fb trend :)

•••
Yes it does, otherwise it wouldn't know which account to apply the "Like" to?

If you're not logged in to Facebook when you click a "Like" button, it asks you to log in.

Exactly! There is no difference between the two platforms in this sense.

•••
google tried a few times in the past. since facebook is the first, it is hard for the users to move from facebook to google.

Facebook wasn't the first.

Ever heard of Friendster? Myspace? People left those services and flocked to the new thing.

Google+ has over 10 million users already.

•••
I tried to sign up for Google + but got this message:

Already invited? We’ve temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.

•••
Facebook wasn't the first.

Ever heard of Friendster? Myspace? People left those services and flocked to the new thing.

Google+ has over 10 million users already.

Make that 20, and grows rapidly.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

I tried to sign up for Google + but got this message:

Already invited? We’ve temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.

You have to wait until they open the gates for more users, just check it daily. They will activate your account soon.

•••
Fundamentally speaking, the “Like” button is a mechanism for users to share elements of the web within their social circles via Facebook, whereas the “+1” button serves to reinforce Google search ranking algorithms while simultaneously acting as a social tool.

•••
Google+ is an additive and facebook all out social network. I think their will be "camps" .. maybe some decent interplay down the road... So the buttons will probably just sit next to eachother on nearly all sites who have share buttons.

•••
•••
Face book is a very popular social networking site.Its an open network If you are a member of it, then only you can use the like button.The same happens with the Google +1 button.The working patter for both are same.The number of likes and +1 indicates the quality of the content.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back