NameSilo

Few lines of Php

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been having an issue with maps on my site and I've figured out a solution I think will work, using regexes and a line or two or php. Problem is, though I understand how PHP works to an extent, I don't know much about writing it myself.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me with this issue, I'm certain it can be done with a single line, if not 2.

What I need is a line of php that searches the entire page for a specific phrase/ID and then echoes out a certain code. Example:

php searches entire page for [id=3], which would be in a post. It then takes the "id=3" part and adds it to the code it needs to echo. Which would be [mapid=3]. Thus making the map appear.

I've asked a few friends who haven't been able to help.. I really think for someone who knows php well, it shouldn't be too hard..

Any help please? I'd greatly appreciate it :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been having an issue with maps on my site and I've figured out a solution I think will work, using regexes and a line or two or php. Problem is, though I understand how PHP works to an extent, I don't know much about writing it myself.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me with this issue, I'm certain it can be done with a single line, if not 2.

What I need is a line of php that searches the entire page for a specific phrase/ID and then echoes out a certain code. Example:

php searches entire page for [id=3], which would be in a post. It then takes the "id=3" part and adds it to the code it needs to echo. Which would be [mapid=3]. Thus making the map appear.

I've asked a few friends who haven't been able to help.. I really think for someone who knows php well, it shouldn't be too hard..

Any help please? I'd greatly appreciate it :)

you can use stripos to search for your exact phrase. Don't use regex unless you have to - it is slower and has risk of error if you don't match what you thought you would.

•••
I don't know what stripos is/are, and as I said I don't know php coding to do this... would you be able/willing to assist me with this?

•••
if i understand you need:

PHP:
echo preg_replace('/id=([0-9])?/smi',"mapid=$1",$page);

or, simply for one words:

PHP:
echo str_replace('id=','mapid=',$page);

•••
Thanks for trying to help, but that didn't work. I added the line to the sidebar and it displayed nothign..

Hmm.. maybe if I be a bit more specific.

I'm using WordPress with MapPress plugin. I want the maps in the sidebar, but if I add the shortcode [mappress mapid=#] to the sidebar widget, it displays the same map on each page. I'm trying to find a way to get each page to have it's own map in the sidebar.

That's why I've been trying to use PHP to find the ID if I place it in the post, so that the map will be echoed into the sidebar

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I appreciate those who helped with this, but I've upgraded to MapPress Pro which has a sidebar feature for maps.

Thanks again, I appreciate it

•••
Thanks for trying to help, but that didn't work. I added the line to the sidebar and it displayed nothign..

Hmm.. maybe if I be a bit more specific.

I'm using WordPress with MapPress plugin. I want the maps in the sidebar, but if I add the shortcode [mappress mapid=#] to the sidebar widget, it displays the same map on each page. I'm trying to find a way to get each page to have it's own map in the sidebar.

That's why I've been trying to use PHP to find the ID if I place it in the post, so that the map will be echoed into the sidebar

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I appreciate those who helped with this, but I've upgraded to MapPress Pro which has a sidebar feature for maps.

Thanks again, I appreciate it

The plugin says you can insert the MapId on individual pages

New shortcodes with many parameters: "mapid" (to specify which map to show), "width" "height", "zoom", etc.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mappress-google-maps-for-wordpress/

Is that what you are doing and it does not work?

It isn't just PHP you are dealing with, it is Javascript and Wordpress.

•••
That option is ONLY for the MapPress Pro, it just doesn't distinguish that on the page, trust me. I've read that thing up and down a dozen times.

Either way, I've upgraded to the Pro version, so I've been able to use this feature.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back