Dynadot

question GoDaddy Auction Issue

NameSilo
Watch

JBunting

Impact
Hi. Quick blurb before my question. I've spent enough time reading on here that I know I'll get a bunch of "don't use GoDaddy Auctions" responses without my saying something. I'm a couple months into this, have done a couple Udemy courses, and spent dozens of hours scrolling topics here on NamePros. Know enough to feel like I have a solid grasp for how long I've been researching, while also knowing I still have a hell of a lot to learn.

I listed a domain for auction on GoDaddy (set the reserve price high, wasn't intending on actually selling it... Just wanted to see how the process worked for myself, after having seen it done in a Udemy course). However, when I listed the domain for auction, my listing showed "pending" for all of the domain stats (backlinks, Majestic TF/CF, etc.)... And it didn't change for the duration of the auction. Tried going through GoDaddy support, but they were zero help. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, how did you get the domain's stats to show up?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi. Quick blurb before my question. I've spent enough time reading on here that I know I'll get a bunch of "don't use GoDaddy Auctions" responses without my saying something. I'm a couple months into this, have done a couple Udemy courses, and spent dozens of hours scrolling topics here on NamePros. Know enough to feel like I have a solid grasp for how long I've been researching, while also knowing I still have a hell of a lot to learn.

I listed a domain for auction on GoDaddy (set the reserve price high, wasn't intending on actually selling it... Just wanted to see how the process worked for myself, after having seen it done in a Udemy course). However, when I listed the domain for auction, my listing showed "pending" for all of the domain stats (backlinks, Majestic TF/CF, etc.)... And it didn't change for the duration of the auction. Tried going through GoDaddy support, but they were zero help. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, how did you get the domain's stats to show up?

Thanks
Hi @JBunting
Welcome to NamePros!

Stats at GoDaddy Auctions can take a day or so to pull in because of the sheer scale and volume of usage across expired and public auctions. If you take a look at https://auctions.godaddy.com/beta and filter by public auctions, sorting by time left, you'll see that domains get those stats after 1-2 days at auction.

If yours didn't show for the whole auction, that's valuable for us to know. We'll work with the support team to see what happened and how the loading process could be improved.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back