IT.COM

FIFA world cup domains ?

Spaceship
Watch

TonyTsolakis

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys, just wondering, what will the world cup be offering us in terms of traffic and potential with domains, I know i haven't been on here for a while i've been busy setting up my business and trading the forex market but really this post is to spark up some possible fifa world cup domain names you guys have regged or possibly been interested in, i personally looked up a few countryfifa.com domains like for example brazilfifa.com and they seem like they might be a good source of traffic, especially for popular teams like germanyfifa.com, netherlandsfifa.com etc. I think whoever wins the cup would be a good name to get and develop into like a info site with clips of goals and the champions stats etc, thoughts on this ? Also ofcourse there could be copyright issues with using fifa in the name..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
thats what i thought, so what about the guy who owns this www.brazilfifa.com or this www.fifabrazil.com, the keyword search on them seems to be good, but was just a thought, things like this can spark up a good source of traffic

•••
Register football/soccer names but very far away from "FIFA", that is a TM

Don't worry about what others do, rather focus on doing the right thing yourself, just because he hasn't been caught yet, doesn't mean he wont or that its ok to do

•••
Personally I'm not too keen on world cup names (although that doesn't mean they can't be good). The football/soccer market is saturated with stats sites including large authority sites like tv channels and newspapers that have so much quality information I'd imagine it'd be hard to build something to compete.

Even if one could do something awesome, the world cup would likely be over and you'd have to wait another 4 years for the buzz to build again - how's that for seasonal!

Getting a good domain might be could for short term traffic but I'd wait a year or two to get it cheaper and wait for 2018. I'm not sure who would search for country + FIFA though as they are the governing body. When people search with a term like FIFA they are more likely to be looking for official information or news stories of alleged corruption in my opinion.

I would suggest looking at exact match searches rather than broad (the combined search volume for FIFA Brazil, Brazil FIFA, Germany FIFA and Netherlands FIFA in all locations is only 5000 searches with virtually nothing for the last 2). And then of course there is the big TM...

•••
FIFA is the parent international body.

The local based branches are FA.

Both are bad ideas.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back