Dynadot

Filing a complaint against a registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AKS5

Established Member
Impact
How and where can I file a complaint against a registrar?

The problem is that Afternic is neither sending me the payment for a domain that I sold nor letting me know when will I get the payment. They are also not responding to my emails. The last I heard from them was when I asked about not receiving the payment, I was simply told that the payment was released to their payment provider. Ever since I haven't received the payment. Also, they are not informing me when or if I will ever receive it. Even though I have requesting them to inform me when will I receive the money in my bank but nothing from them.

So I have waited long enough and since they are completely ignoring the issue, I don't think I have any other options but to report them.

Can anyone please help me as to how and where should I report them? What are my options?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I must say, this is indeed a wonderful community. Everyone has tried their best to help. I am thankful to you all.

•••
This "est." is very strange. It is August already, so why would they show estimated payout to happen in July?
After they pay, the 2nd column will say STATUS: Payout Issued. So, as per this screenshot, it appears that afternic did not yet issue payout, and so they should explain why.

In any case, assuming that paypal supports your country, it would make sense to request a paypal payout instead of a bank transfer. Transfering $152 via paypal is cheaper....

Edited: You bank will need some sort of a payment confirmation (pmt slip, swift, whatever - with dates and senders details) to investigate. They cannot investige if you show them the last Afternic email only. So, ask Afternic to provide such a confirmation. They probably would not be too happy to act on this, because it is extra work (imho). But they are technically able to retreive it, so they should..
Sorry, I missed your comment.

Probably you are right and they haven't issued the payment. Because I didn't get that automated email, the one we get about payment when it is processed and sent to the payment provider. It was when I inquired about the payment their staff member told me that they have released it to the payment provider on 27th. Paypal and bank details can be found out once they bother to reply to my emails. Maybe they are not replying because their customer support would have made a mistake about the date, but that is just my guess.

•••
You can also try to reach @Paul Nicks. It's really strange that they are not communicating with you for so long. They cannot keep both your domain and the payments, and should provide you with a reason at least.

•••
You can also try to reach @Paul Nicks. It's really strange that they are not communicating with you for so long. They cannot keep both your domain and the payments, and should provide you with a reason at least.
Thanks. You have tagged him. Maybe he will reply.

•••
UPDATE: I have received this email:
upload_2020-8-18_0-3-36.png

Since the email is from Afternic and not from the payment provider, so does this mean that the payment is released just now and it was a false claim that the payment was released on 27th?? Thanks in advance!

Anyway, I am so relieved that I have heard something finally. Can't be a coincidence though. I believe it is because of the support you guys gave here. :)

•••
Received an email from GoDaddy as well that they have sent me a payment today by Wire Transfer and that it will take 1-5 days. So this is kind of confirmed that the payment wasn't released on the 27th, but today.

Thanks everyone again! :)

•••
Since the email is from Afternic and not from the payment provider, so does this mean that the payment is released just now
It was released just now. Congratulations :),

•••
Yes, there are two emails; one from Afternic and the other from secureserver(.)net. Glad they sent it. Hopefully you will get it soon.

•••
Gilescoley thank you for a quick response. It was purchased through Afternic BIN Fast-transfer and the person paid and got the domain transferred to them right away.

Then they certainly should have paid up, or at least kept you updated on whats going on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back