Domain Empire

Flippa auction ended up costing me money

Spaceship
Watch

Dillonmill

Established Member
Impact
i just sold a domain on flippa for a low price($11). I didn't check PayPal as an option of payment but flippa escrow is. However flippa escrow requires something around a $25 transaction fee for overseas transactions. So this auction ended up costing me money. What if I gave the buyer the domain for free without using flippa services since I wouldn't have to pay the $25 fee, would the flippa auction dissapear? What should I do? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contact the buyer, if you can and explain the situation. Ask him if he wouldn't mind submitting payment via PayPal because of the amount? If he says that concerns him, consider transferring the name to him prior to payment as it's only $11. I am not sure about Flippa's Terms of Service but I don't believe you are required to use their escrow service, but you may want to ask their customer service how to proceed. Congratulations on your sale and Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Overseas transaction to your bank account will cost $25, not if you withdraw your money in Paypal from Flippa as far as I remember. Do check the withdrawal options again.
Congrats for the sale.

•••
I don't beleive I have connected my paypal to flippa and didn't allow the option for him to pay with paypal. If I connect my PayPal will it allow him to pay through PayPal eliminating the overseas fee?

•••
I don't beleive I have connected my paypal to flippa and didn't allow the option for him to pay with paypal. If I connect my PayPal will it allow him to pay through PayPal eliminating the overseas fee?

Buyer pays in whatever manner he wants to Flippa. Be concerned how Flippa will pay you. They have multiple options and one of them is Paypal.

•••
Oh ok. If the buyer uses PayPal to pay flippa escrow there will be no overseas fee?

•••
Yes, overseas fees are not connected in any way with the method that the buyer pays Flippa Escrow. It is safe to allow the buyer to pay by Paypal to Flippa Escrow.

What you need to do is to change the method that Flippa pays you. Instead of receiving money to the bank account, ask to receive it to Paypal.

An alternative, less safe method, would be not to chose Flippa Escrow at all. You could choose that the buyer pays by Paypal to you directly, and then you pay to Flippa your sale fees. For $xx amounts it is OK, but for larger amounts beware of buyers who abuse Paypal refund system.

Last edited:
•••
u might have net more here at np

don't keep let hype, lead hope and end up, unhappy

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back