Domain Empire

debate Flippa Auction Rules not for Flippa ?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Flippa Auction Rules not for flippa ?!

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Rules for all

• Only for members

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

kamhan143

Established Member
Impact
i just saw reserve price public on flippa's editor's choice listing !
https://flippa.com/6132100-mxxx-com
f1.jpg

as close of flippa auction rules "The reserve price may not be made public by any means."

f2.jpg

so rules only for members or small domainers ! we pay for auctions and we have no such rights, but they do anything because they are platform (owner) ?!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so rules only for members or small domainers ! we pay for auctions and we have no such rights, but they do anything because they are platform (owner) ?!

Sorry, what do you mean by this?

This is the domain owner's auction - not the platform's.

•••
@kamhan143 - "Editor's Choice" does not mean "owned by Flippa". It just means the auction is featured. You do have a point about the rule. So if you're concerned, click the "report" link. But why?

•••
The image of the auction must have been recently changed by our CS team, as I had not noticed it prior. I will ask to remove that image at this time.

That said:

We do not enforce this rule -- and furthermore, I'm all in favor of striking it from the terms and will report back if that decision is agreed upon.

I happen to think that mentioning the reserve can sometimes make the difference between finding a buyer or not. You cut right to the chase. That said, many will keep the price hidden, and understandably so.

Before I get myself in trouble, as a general rule of thumb, I would NOT recommend publicizing your reserve -- but if someone asks, and you tell them (via PM, for instance), we're not going to sanction your account or anything.

@kamhan143 I'd appreciate if you changed your poll and confirmed that you understand this is not someone receiving special treatment. Though I am going to request this auction's image be changed...

•••
Update - auction image has been amended.

•••
hi , i have sent you a message @FlippaDomains could you please read as i have tryed to contact flippa support

•••
•••
flippa is much better than sedo,i like it

•••
As per flippa's support mail, every editor's choice listings checked by flippa team and after check all criteria they approve or reject for EC. So why here they miss ?! And change image for particular reported auction is solution of this issue ?!
@FlippaDomains you need must treatment same for all as your word ;)

•••
I cant see any issue here. It's no different from having a $5,500 start price.

•••
As per flippa's support mail, every editor's choice listings checked by flippa team and after check all criteria they approve or reject for EC. So why here they miss ?! And change image for particular reported auction is solution of this issue ?!
@FlippaDomains you need must treatment same for all as your word ;)
I really don't understand what you're suggesting, I'm sorry.

This has nothing to do with the fact that it's an Editor's Choice selection.

•••
I really don't understand what you're suggesting, I'm sorry.

This has nothing to do with the fact that it's an Editor's Choice selection.
I dont think he see's what is changed.

On a side note, would you be able to solve my issue with support please?
Thanks

•••
I dont think he see's what is changed.

On a side note, would you be able to solve my issue with support please?
Thanks

PM me your ticket ID # and I'll see where it's at...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back