Dynadot

Flippa brokerage question

Spaceship
Watch

Kingslayer

Top Member
Impact
Ok so over the weekend, i was looking on Flippa and saw 2 Spanish single word domains being sold by broker on their site, even made 'editors choice' (i won't say the domains publicly).

I don't know the Spanish domain market personally, but have a Spanish single word domain and thought ok, if those 2 are being brokered by Flippa/Made 'editors choice' and are receiving bids, maybe mine can too, as i believe the one i have is even better than the 2 they are currently brokering, so maybe Flippa brokerage is the way to go.

So i e-mailed them and I've just received an e-mail back from the same broker who's brokering those other 2 Spanish domains (funnly enough):-

=====
Thank you for your brokerage request submission.

Your domain(s) does not meet the criteria for domain brokerage services, but we can still help you sell it!

Click here to get started! https://flippa.com/sell

Thank you,
The Flippa Domains Team
=====

Which is fair enough, they can take on what work they like - But curious to know the system they have in place for judging what domains to broker and what domains make 'editors choice' and what doesn't?

If Flippa turns down better domains than they currently brokering, is it just a case of the expression 'It's not what you know. It's who you know' ? or in the case of domains 'it's not what you have, but who you know' ?

I've seen some fantastic domains on there not make 'editors choice' before and I do notice it's all the same sellers who always make 'editors choice' regularly on Flippa, even if they are selling crap.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From your comments, it sounds like "Who you know" to me. If it's the same sellers who are selling crap then maybe they know and/or are friends of the brokers. But as far as trying to figure out what their criteria is, I wish you good luck, you'll need it.

•••
@KingslayerVR - your domain is IDN? I got almost the same reply from Sedo. I have one Geo.net and one word.com, both French, both IDNs.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back